Fuck Hail.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Understandable. I just want minimal bs, but any rrecommendations for Naperville area?

sadly that's a lil too far south for me to know anything down there.

Yup sure enough 1k DED, :fu:, well I sure fucking messed up on that.

:fu:

We just had almost 2k worth of hail pdr'd on the dart... Came or great!

woof. it's crazy. the dudes that do it make stupid money and are basically magicians. it's incredible when you see a good guy do his work.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
A month or 2 back, when Palatine and Lake Zurich got all that hail, State Farm kind of screwed me around. Told me to bring it right to the body shop, then told the body shop I had to get a quote from State Farm, then State Farm said nothing was set up yet and I had to wait. Then a week later, I called and they asked why had I waited, and not brought it to the shop yet. Finally 2 weeks after I filed the original claim, someone came out and told me the estimate is $50 under my deductible. FTS. Took it the Volvo dealer, and they fixed all the hail damage plus repaired a scratch for less than half the price of what State Farm quoted me. Shouldn't have even bothered getting the insurance involved in the first place.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
My biggest issue was that one department of State Farm told me one thing, and then would transfer me to someone else who would tell me the complete opposite. It seemed like no one had any idea what was going on

They also told me there were no mobile quotation tents in the Chicagoland area....

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
I also carry a 1k deductible and I am totally okay with that because we have managed to not need make an insurance claim at all and therefore are saving more money. If my luck changes I would probably settle at 500. Anything lower seems like a waste to me based on the numbers I have seen, unless of course you are making a lot of claims and therefore would be a good investment.

(Knock on wood)

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I also carry a 1k deductible and I am totally okay with that because we have managed to not need make an insurance claim at all and therefore are saving more money. If my luck changes I would probably settle at 500. Anything lower seems like a waste to me based on the numbers I have seen, unless of course you are making a lot of claims and therefore would be a good investment.

you have a 1k comp deductible?

the difference for me for comp between a $500 deductible and a $0 deductible was $4 a month :rofl: to me that is an absolute no-brainer.... hail, animal hits, your vehicle being stolen, vandalism.... all covered....

it'd take me 20 years to get to that $1000 deductible at $4 a month.... or the windshield my truck just needed at $200-$300 would take me 50-75 months to get to...

collission I can understand doing $500-$1000 but comp is so cheap I have to go with $0

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
you have a 1k comp deductible?

the difference for me for comp between a $500 deductible and a $0 deductible was $4 a month :rofl: to me that is an absolute no-brainer.... hail, animal hits, your vehicle being stolen, vandalism.... all covered....

it'd take me 20 years to get to that $1000 deductible at $4 a month.... or the windshield my truck just needed at $200-$300 would take me 50-75 months to get to...

collission I can understand doing $500-$1000 but comp is so cheap I have to go with $0

Pretty much! After this whole fiasco I will be switching to 250$ ded for comp and it will only cost me about 6$ more a month. With the crazy weather we have been getting it will be well worth the 72$ a year. Might not be as good a 0 ded but it will do. Too bad I didn't think much about it when I switched to Geico.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info