FUCK ammo, WHERE'S THE CHLORINE

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
as far as I know

im going to need to have a "learn me pool things" thread... i know how to float in a pool and that's about fucking it
I think inground pools are maintained a little differently. My buddy bought a house in Milwaukee with an inground pool and his was ran differently. The basics (chemical balancing) are probably the same, but filtration/cleaning was different. We bought our house with a pool in it and I never had a pool in my life. 20yrs ago the internet wasnt as much help as it is today. So I read a ton and just asked a ton of questions at the pool store. Took me half a season to finally get it right and now I can do the shit with my eyes closed lol.

Reactions: Yaj Yak

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
I think inground pools are maintained a little differently. My buddy bought a house in Milwaukee with an inground pool and his was ran differently. The basics (chemical balancing) are probably the same, but filtration/cleaning was different. We bought our house with a pool in it and I never had a pool in my life. 20yrs ago the internet wasnt as much help as it is today. So I read a ton and just asked a ton of questions at the pool store. Took me half a season to finally get it right and now I can do the shit with my eyes closed lol.
Inground pool here, maintenance is simple, I have just a cartridge style pool filter, clean it once a week or every other depending on pool usage. I try to use least amount of chemicals as possible. Have only shocked it once and used a half pack of it.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Inground pool here, maintenance is simple, I have just a cartridge style pool filter, clean it once a week or every other depending on pool usage. I try to use least amount of chemicals as possible. Have only shocked it once and used a half pack of it.

cartridge style you just put the pucks in and it just works out?

i read this wrong

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Cartridge... Gotta disassemble housing, pull filter out, rinse it off or change entire cartridge. Then put it all back together and hope you didn't cross thread it and ruin the gasket.

Sand filter... Flip a switch, watch green muck flow out, flip it back to filter. Done.

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Cartridge filters are garbage.
Not sure on that one, it you keep up with cleaning it regularly have to replace it maybe once a year or every other.

I also run a basket / skimmer sock, it fits over the basket and catches everything that the basket wouldn’t catch as in sunscreen, bugs, etc, I change that daily which helps the main pool filter.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Cartridge... Gotta disassemble housing, pull filter out, rinse it off or change entire cartridge. Then put it all back together and hope you didn't cross thread it and ruin the gasket.

Sand filter... Flip a switch, watch green muck flow out, flip it back to filter. Done.
My old neighbor and my brother both had a cartridge filter and both hated it with a passion

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium

it takes me all of 5 mins from start to finish to remove the filter, wash it down, re-install, turn pump on and bleed the air from the filter.

nice to check the filter to make sure nothing it lodged in it or algae growth.

this is the style I have. Super easy to change

Reactions: cdh027

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 10, 2004
Sunny Florida

Dude, you're a diesel mechanic and you're worried about assembling stuff and cross threading stuff. :ROFLMAO:

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
The skimmer basket sock works awesome, had some family over and they didn’t understand that you put sun screen on, wait a few minutes then go into the pool. The basket sock was grey and clogged up, had to throw it away and it could not be reused.

was not in the pool yesterday, pool was doing it filter thing most of the afternoon, It has been rather windy here by me and the palm trees out side of my pool have been an issue with small debris, with out the sock they would be in the filter.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info