FS VeraEdge Home Controller

FS: VeraEdge Home Controller

Basically brand new, opened and plugged in... played with it a bit and decided I didn’t like it.

VeraEdge_Angle_With_Lights-640x640.jpg

$60

THE VERAEDGE CONTROLLER IS THE BRAIN OF YOUR SMART HOME
EASY & AFFORDABLE ONE APP CONTROL FOR YOUR SMART HOME

By connecting the VeraEdge with all the smart devices in your home, it allows you to control them together in groups or individually to create custom solutions that fit your life. View and control your system from anywhere, for total peace of mind.

Home security and safety

Travel with the confidence that your home is secure.
Keep an eye on your vacation home.
Have video recorded whenever motion is detected.
Keep your kids and elderly family members safe, and keep an eye on your pets

Know when your child gets home safely.
Check in on elderly relatives.
Know that your pets are safe when you’re away.
Energy savings and efficiency

Set your thermostat to automatically heat or cool your house to the exact temperature you want when you arrive home.
Create an energy efficient home by only having your heat or cool air on when someone is home.
With VeraEdge you get the freedom of choice

It works with practically all smart home and security brands including Nest, Amazon Alexa, Schlage, Yale, Kwikset, First Alert, and most others. Bring them all together and control with one app.
There are no monthly fees or contracts.
And enjoy easy automation benefits

Lock doors and turn off lights with a single touch.
Includes easy one-touch settings for Home, Away, Night and Vacation.

VERAEDGE: THE CONTROLLER FOR TODAY’S EXPANDING SMART HOME UNIVERSE

One-touch control of your entire system
View all your cameras and control all your devices from one easy app
See and control your system from any smartphone or tablet from anywhere in the world (where there’s Internet)
Save money on energy, automatically!
Expand your system to control over 220 devices
Wireless communications makes installation a breeze in any home or small business
Easy, intuitive setup with simple Q&A format; adding devices later is easy too with preconfigured settings for most devices
No monthly fees required!
With VeraEdge you can do anything today’s most advanced smart homes can do. Cutting edge features like geo fencing let the system know when you’re coming home, so your living room is nice and warm (or cool) when you arrive. (Save energy, automatically, when you leave, too!) One easy, intuitive app spans all platforms (Mac/Window/iOS/Android) to easily keep you in control at all times, wherever you go. Controls all the leading brands of locks, thermostats, and other devices so you don’t need to compromise when selecting components. Create a better system, at a fraction of the price tag of the big guys, and with no monthly fees required.
Works with two major wireless protocols: Z-Wave Plus, and Wi-Fi; compatible with device brands such as Amazon Alexa, Nest, Schlage, Yale, Kwikset, Aeon Labs, First Alert and many more. Add exactly the devices you want—Motion Detectors, Cameras, Locks, Thermostats, Dimmers, etc.

VERAEDGE GIVES YOU:

More device compatibility—faster processor allows greater compatibility with devices
More memory for better response times and flexibility
WPS easy push button pairing for Wi-Fi devices
Improved multi-camera management
Intuitive user set up and control
Local control of devices to avoid any latency or connectivity issues (works locally even when your Internet goes down)
VeraEdge is the best way to centrally control your smart home or automate your small business. Use VeraEdge to coordinate and unify devices you may already own, such as smart thermostats and smart door locks; or to start building a new system from scratch. As your system expands, you’ll never outgrow VeraEdge!

• Control over 220 devices in a single location
• Geofencing, advanced occupancy sensing, push notifications
• Over 200 3rd party apps available in the MiOS Marketplace
• Multiple trigger events for complete customization of automation scenes—by time of day, motion, day of week, sunrise/sunset, or depending on other device(s)

VERAEDGE IS YOUR BEST CHOICE FOR A HOME/BUSINESS AUTOMATION CONTROLLER

THE WORLD OF ADVANCED SMART HOME AUTOMATION, SECURITY, AND PEACE OF MIND FOR YOUR HOME OR SMALL BUSINESS ALL STARTS WITH VERAEDGE!

Your VeraEdge system can do many different things, depending on the other devices you add. For example:

You can build a security system by adding door locks, door/window sensors, motion sensors, wireless video cameras, and alarm.
Build an energy savings system with thermostats, lamp dimmers, energy meter monitor, and smart switches for AC devices.
Create a home safety monitoring system with smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detector, and flood detector.
Make life convenient with lamp dimmers, door locks, and lawn sprinklers that operate automatically.
Or combine all these functions and more in one system!

BEST SMART HOME AUTOMATION SOFTWARE

VERAEDGE INCORPORATES VERA’S AWARD-WINNING SEVENTH-GENERATION SOFTWARE, VERA UI7, WHICH MAKES SETTING UP DEVICES, OPERATING YOUR SYSTEM, AND CREATING CUSTOM SCENES A BREEZE. VERA UI7 FEATURES:

Common user interface across all platforms (PC/Mac desktops, smartphones, tablets)
Integrated Help—simple, contextual help callouts and links to detailed documentation on the support site
Energy management—Preconfigured Device Settings for Easy Setup; At a Glance Reporting of Household Energy Consumption; Daily, Monthly, and Annual Reporting
Improved access control with simple PIN management
User customizable dashboard with favorite devices pinned for easy viewing, access and control
Use VeraEdge for convenience, to save energy, and achieve the peace of mind of knowing your family is safe and your home or small business is alright—from anywhere in the world!

Order VeraEdge today and make your home a smarter home!

SPECS

VeraEdge Home Controller

Hardware
CPU: 600MHz MIPS SoC
Flash Memory: NAND 128MB
Memory: DDR2 128MB
USB Port: 1
WAN Port: 1
Wireless: Z-Wave Plus™ and 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi

Dimensions
4.55in x 3.13in x 1.2in (HxWxD)

Certifications
FCC, CE, RoHS, Z-Wave Plus

Power Supply
Input: AC 100-240VAC, 50-60Hz
Output: DC 12V/1A

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
And for your information, which I am certain you will bash, I am currently on Smartthings and I'm not going to say its amazing but it works for some things and its pretty simple which I like as I am not in it to waste a ton of time on this.

And for those interested my brother has been using Vera for years and is quite happy with it, it just wasn't for me.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Smartthings is ok. It's samsung so thats good, just hope they keep support up. downside is less product variety to choose from.

Smartthings also integrates into the raspberry if you ever wanted to keep your current system but add things that wont connect to smartthings. The raspberry can act as the middle man or it can run the show and can control smartthings and anything else.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Samsung drops the ball on mobile presence detection. It is my only real gripe. And since IOS11, I know I know but this isn't an iPhone issue, it has been horrible to the point of the support guy told me to stop using it.

It also supports Zigbee which is nice. I haven't had issues with devices as there are lots of people running custom device handlers so I have used plenty of non-smart thing devices. For example I use an Ecobee4 and the support for smartthings is pretty basic but I bought some custom code that makes it fantastic. I have it setup where if someone leaves a window open it turns off and then back on when they close.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
It just makes things so easy when it works. Now I just deal with extra alerts on my phone when the wife gets home. Its not a huge deal but it isn't as clean. Also when we are outside of motion or outside sometimes the house likes to auto shut down. I'm gonna add a few more motion sensors and that should help.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Yeah you are kinda limited with smarthings in terms of different ways to detect presence. you either use a samsung app or the motion sensors.

One thing they should add that others have is the ability to detect presence via wifi. Basically the controller will ping the phone to see if its still on the wifi home network.. If it is, you are home. No app or motion sensors needed.

Thread Info

• EmersonHart13
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list