FS: rebuilt 4t65e hd 0 miles

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Glws, not a bad deal IMO.

On a side note and not tryin to thread jack... iindividual parts will fail rather than the entire trans as I am sure you have seen. Some people seem to get luckier than others with stock stuff. Broke a stock input shaft with a bit under 280whp, blew up a aftermarket TC with between 280-300whp. The shaft broke in 1st, TC at the end of 2nd. Both runs were from a stop so no crazy shiftin occured

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Glws, not a bad deal IMO. Free Bump

On a side note and not tryin to thread jack... iindividual parts will fail rather than the entire trans as I am sure you have seen. Some people seem to get luckier than others with stock stuff. Broke a stock input shaft with a bit under 280whp, blew up a aftermarket TC with between 280-300whp. The shaft broke in 1st, TC at the end of 2nd. Both runs were from a stop so no crazy shiftin occured. I can't help but feel the tune has a decent impact on how the trans holds up too.

TraptPatriot

Regular
Feb 26, 2010
Hammond
I think it would be better if you updated your first post and said that you can build upgraded transmissions as well, and list prices for that stuff.

$900 for a rebuilt stock trans is meh when you can get a Tim King fully built trans for $1900, and it has all the upgrades and goodies.

Just trying to help you out in why no one is interested...

davevanoke

May 5, 2009
As far as experience I learned everything I know from my Dad when I worked for him at his auto repair shops where we rebuilt and installed alot of transmissions. I have over 25 years experience with engines and transmission work. my Dad is 87 now and no longer doing work but i decided to specialize with the 4t65e trans. I stand behind my work if you ever have a problem

these are the upgrades you will get for an upgraded 4t65e hd for $1850

7/8s single chain with your choice of 2:93,3:29 or 3:69 gearing

stronger performance input shaft

hardened 4th gear hub

transgo shift kit

raybestos blue plate performance clutches

steel channel plate gaskets

necessary valve body updates including borg warner epc

usa made filter

Last edited:

Thread Info