FS Nest Learning Thermostat

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought Ecobees so up for sale is a very good condition freshly reset Nest second generation.

c77604150e1d134f581e052db0075de4.jpg
3e75a21167b53370efcd83b80c7e683d.jpg
161095482d63a0c64526552bd6a6a011.jpg
0ca7a5707d51941171d7e56448163d55.jpg

It comes with the backing pate, mounting plate and trim plate as well as some screws. Not sure if I have the box anymore.

$100 or best offer. I live down south and work up north twice a week.

Lets make a deal!

SMKE EM

Banned
Nov 9, 2016
NWI
The only issue you may run into with a modern thermostat is you may not have a C wire. You need a constant 24v supply to the newer thermostats for obvious reasons, but if you can fish a new wire set down to your furnace its super ease to install

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Yeah, there are cases when it doesn't work, like my garage... I think because the furnace didn't run very much and the wifi signal was weak so it was using lots of juice I had to run a C wire. My inside furnace doesn't have a common but never had that issue.

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
So I have a Beacon Morris Forced Air heater from Menards. Installed in the back corner facing the garage door. I ran a full thermostat wire accross the garage because you should always mount your thermostat on the warm wall to prevent false readings and it helps with wifi range as the NEST is sensitive to this. You can also run a C wire kit if you already have wiring in place. Now my garage furnace was not designed with a C wire coming out the back but I discovered when I opened the side panel and looked at the circuit board that there was an output on the board so I added it on after testing it and boom, problem solved.

Now for NEST I added that thermo to a separarate house so I could treat it like a business.

:greasy:

why? because I wanted it to go away at night whereas a nest home will not do this. What did I miss?

BeerOrGasoline

Me & Dead Owls Don't Give a Hoot.
Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL
So I have a Beacon Morris Forced Air heater from Menards. Installed in the back corner facing the garage door. I ran a full thermostat wire accross the garage because you should always mount your thermostat on the warm wall to prevent false readings and it helps with wifi range as the NEST is sensitive to this. You can also run a C wire kit if you already have wiring in place. Now my garage furnace was not designed with a C wire coming out the back but I discovered when I opened the side panel and looked at the circuit board that there was an output on the board so I added it on after testing it and boom, problem solved.

Now for NEST I added that thermo to a separarate house so I could treat it like a business.

:greasy:

why? because I wanted it to go away at night whereas a nest home will not do this. What did I miss?

Gotcha, so you made a 2nd home in the app to go into "away" mode?

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Yessir. And that home is a business. Took me a while to figure that out. Also now with Eco Mode as an option you can just force the garage into eco mode when you leave which is lower temps. Then you don't have to worry about home/away.

Also when I initially set my garage up I had an interrupt for the heat wire setup so when the door was open it didn't allow the heat to run. Now with my Ecobee and Smartthings I have door and window sensors and it automatically cuts the heat if anything is left open for more 10 minutes. I also have an auto close on my garage door that closes at 10 minutes provided nothing is blocking the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info