FS: Fluval Spec III 2.5 Gallon Fish Tank Kit - Just add water and fish

FishTank.jpg

TGFishTank.jpg

I used this tank from 2015 to 2018 for a beta fish that my daughter received as a present. After the little guy passed in 2018, I thoroughly cleaned up the tank, gravel, etc., dried it all out and put it aside with the intention of starting over at some point. Two years later I realize I've lost interest.

That being said, it's ready for a new home. You'll pretty much just need to add water and fish. A beta or some smaller tropical fish would be great for this tank. Here's what you get:

Fluval Spec III 2.6 Gallon Aquarium
  • Includes brand new foam filter, carbon media and Biomax media (These are pretty cheap consumables. For the most part, the carbon media needs to be changed regularly. The foam filter and Biomax media last at least a year.) They can be purchased locally at Petco or online at Amazon.
  • Water pump
  • Tank Cover
  • Tank LED Light
  • The pics in the link are of the newer model. Overall its the same tank. Info link here
Cobalt Aquatics Flat Neo-Therm Heater with Adjustable Thermostat
This thing kept the water temperature very consistent. It costs almost as much as the tank. Info link here

EHEIM Gravel Quick Vac Pro
Made cleaning the gravel much easier since it could stay in the tank. Info link here

Everything else included:
  • Gravel
  • Tank ornamentation (plastic plants, rock structures, etc
  • Net
  • Glass scrubber
  • Water conditioner, chemicals
  • Water testing kit and test tubes
  • I believe I have all of the instruction manuals for everything as well
Price: $100 picked up in the Palatine or Rockford area.

Please post or PM with questions, etc.

-Tommy

Thread Info

• TommyGloves
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list