FS 85 Pontiac Fiero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone. I'm mostly a lurker these days, but I would trust most of you over any random person on craigslist.

Basic Info:

1985 Pontiac Fiero
Black, V6 2.8L, Notchback style, 4Spd Manual
It's been in storage but I believe it has around 85-90K on the odometer.
Clean title in hand
TCG Special Price: $300
*The car will have to be towed*

IMG_0182edit.jpg

Photo0166.jpg

IMG_0420.JPG

Photo0135.jpg

This car was my first project car that I bought and it's time to let it go. I bought this back in 2012/2013 and fixed it for a few years. You can check the thread out here: 85 Fiero Build . I have a lot of spare parts sitting around that I'm willing to throw in with it. Extra engine parts, intakes, etc.

Things I replaced:
- Sunroof hardware
- 87/88 Gauges (brighter, matches the voltmeter/oil pressure on the console)
- Cradle nuts and solid aluminum bushings
- New cradle bolts
- Stainless steel fuel line
- Fuel pump
- Stainless steel brake line, calipers, pads, rotors
- Tires have about 10-12k miles on the, probably a bit dry rotted by now
- New axles and syncromesh in the transmission

The issue:
I've done a lot of work on it, unfortunately after I decided to take it to Rantoul for some autocross racing a few years ago it came back with some horrible rapid knocking. I tore the top end apart and couldn't find anything bent or broken so I believe the issue happened in the bottom end but I never confirmed. At this point I'd say replace the motor and be done with it. Everything else worked fine on the car up until that trip.

Other miscellaneous things:
- replaced the door carpet with vinyl for a project, it's probably sagging in a couple places
- small tear in the driver side seat
- plasti-dip in a couple places like the hood or gas cap door, tried to cover up some of the bad paint spots
- engine top end is currently taken apart and exposed.
- no radio
- trunk rust. I already cut the corners out but there's problem some more back

I don't live in the suburbs anymore and only come back once every couple months, but I can make a special trip back for someone if they're interested. The car has been stored inside a garage in Wheaton, but I'd like to move on to some other hobbies and save up some cash.

If you have any questions about the car or are interested please let me know. I'm in town this weekend until tomorrow early afternoon.

Last edited:
Reactions: SaturdaysGS
So bring us up to date. It's a complete car that just needs a engine? Or it's a bunch of parts that need to go together to make a car...

Thanks I think I can get you some leads....
Complete car with a blown motor. Someone just needs to drop the rear cradle, swap in a new motor and put it back together. I've already replaced the cradle nuts with a Rodney Dickman set and I'm 99% sure I put anti seize on those bolts.

It will need a little TLC with a new set of tires probably since they've been sitting for a couple years. I appreciate any help with leads! I'd love for someone here to take it over a rando on Craigslist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info