FS: 2009 G8 GXP - 7,500 miles!

Chester Copperpot

TCGs Far Right Leader
Donating Member
Reaction score
This needs to go to somebody who is going to put it right back in a garage otherwise it would be a crime. Need to find somebody like Lou to buy this car so it gets taken care of the right way. GLWS
Rofl. Now I know why I never re-registered with that site.

God damn do I want that though.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Keep it in the garage? The fuck?

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
I'm going to buy this, put 20k miles a year on it, never wash it and drive it every fucking day.
Ill text him weekly updates of how I'm ruining his car.

Brb

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
Somebody post and ask some questions for me.

1) how good of gas mileage it gets highway because I need to put 80 miles a day on it.

Also, is it good in snow? Probably just going to gamble and use the tires it has on it all winter.

OP
EmersonHart13

EmersonHart13

John
Donating Member
Reaction score
I got the same speech when I bought my low mile GTO....

It goes back in the garage every night, and I wash it a few times more than Mook washes the Yukon.

And I want that car SO bad.

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
I got the same speech when I bought my low mile GTO....

It goes back in the garage every night, and I wash it a few times more than Mook washes the Yukon.

And I want that car SO bad.
I feel like your car is almost equally as nice but was far less...and it's not red.

I did kbb on this car and what's scary is his numbers were nearly the same :roflpicard: was $32k private party and $36k dealer asking price

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
Reaction score
What were these new?

OP
EmersonHart13

EmersonHart13

John
Donating Member
Reaction score
This price is pretty good. GXPs have been holding value and at even higher miles than this.

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
It's a cool car (even for being red) but IMO was always over priced. I could spend $34k on something much better (just not in almost new condition).

OP
EmersonHart13

EmersonHart13

John
Donating Member
Reaction score
Pontiac should have done what they said they would and put the stick in the GT. Then people would not lust after these M6 GXPs so much... and the very limited production run makes them super rare.

Mike K

Forum Sponsor
Reaction score
It's a cool car (even for being red) but IMO was always over priced. I could spend $34k on something much better (just not in almost new condition).
I'm usually the one that makes that argument but for new cars, it was a decent value. The only thing comparable would have been the $40,000 SHO and this blows that out of the water as far as drivability goes.

I think GM really shot themselves in the foot by essentially offering just 65 extra horsepower with the GXP and even though there were suspension and brake package differences, there was nothing that really made you think "this is worth 10k more than a G8 GT".

The only thing that really got me with the G8 was it's lack of amenities. It was a pretty basic car on the inside. Great build quality but it was Volvo-esque in it's simplicity and lack of stuff.

OP
EmersonHart13

EmersonHart13

John
Donating Member
Reaction score
I think you are spot on Mike.

The big draw for the GXP was the M6 and when you look at the numbers not many grabbed the M6, more went for the auto.

Holdens are pretty sparse on options, GTO was the same way.

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
I'm usually the one that makes that argument but for new cars, it was a decent value. The only thing comparable would have been the $40,000 SHO and this blows that out of the water as far as drivability goes.

I think GM really shot themselves in the foot by essentially offering just 65 extra horsepower with the GXP and even though there were suspension and brake package differences, there was nothing that really made you think "this is worth 10k more than a G8 GT".

The only thing that really got me with the G8 was it's lack of amenities. It was a pretty basic car on the inside. Great build quality but it was Volvo-esque in it's simplicity and lack of stuff.
I guess if you stick to its class then sure it was a good deal but there were other cars in 08/09 I would have bought for that price. Loaded Evo 9 gsr would have been my pick. Hell I would have picked an Sti over the Gxp. Clearly not direct competitors but a better buy (personally).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom