FS: 2004 Turbo GP $1750

2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP Comp-G

199### miles, practically 200k

L26 engine, with ZZP Z7 turbo kit

Engine should be around 90k miles on it

Trans should only have MAYBE 30k as well as the turbo itself.

Never driven at the strip or with drag radials/slicks. Was my DD with a 100 mile a day commute.

Let me preface by saying, given the issues you could go either way with it, by parting it, or swapping a piston and fixing the odds and ends and running it. However I don't have the space (renting) knowledge/tools/time to do this. I have no issue with driving it, however the tags are expired, so I don't want to put a couple hundred into it (Plates and Chicago city sticker too) and I have a daily, plus another car on the way.

I being lazy went to jiffy lube a month ago and had them change the oil and apparently they didn't drain it and only filled it, so it was 4 quarts over and now smokes when it runs, I have fixed the level but haven't driven it enough to get the oil out of wherever its residing to cause the blue smoke.

The engine and turbo kit came off another 04 GP that I owned and was totaled. The L26 was put in that car when the original owner blew the engine.

When everything was swapped to this car the following was added:

HV3 insert

LT1 MAF

1.9 modded stock rockers
Upgraded valve springs (yellow)

Turbo log manifolds

QTP cutout

Wideband/boost gauge in vents

AEM E85 capable pump

80Lb injectors

Poly mounts (trans/engine)

Built (ZZP) Stage 2 trans, 300M input shaft added due to no stock of 4340 IS at the time, with aluminum trans pan w/trans cooler (professionally installed)

Also has:

Tinted windows

Front/rear strut tower bars

Inferno rear spoiler

Inferno front lip spoiler (not installed)

18” bonne wheels with 275/40 r18’s

17” stock 10 spoke wheels, 2 have tires, 2 don’t

Newer quickstruts on all 4 corners

GXP front brakes, newer pads and rotors on front

Newer rear calipers pads and rotors

HUD works

Has aftermarket pioneer stereo w/amp, also and wired for a sub. Recommend rewiring the speakers though, P.O. did a crap job.

The BAD:

-Engine smokes from breather, low compression/bad rings (?) on cylinder 6, runs decently though.

-Windshield is cracked, definitely would recommend replacement and I may just have it replaced regardless.

-AC doesn’t work, it did, one day it just wasn’t blowing cold so not sure what the issue is. Possibly bad pressure sensor since it looks like its right under where the turbo is sitting. This is speculation.

-Washer fluid level sensor sticks sometimes.

-Right rear has scrapes, roof is bubbling by onstar antenna, rusty underneath as you’d expect for a Midwest vehicle.

-Trunk has some paint fade on Inferno spoiler, and a dent in the middle.

-Washer fluid line cut, have replacement in the trunk

-Headliner is discolored due to the sunroof sticking open, replaced the whole sunroof assembly but never changed the headliner

Have some other odds and ends I will throw in. Such as old headlights for it, taillights and random GP/3800 stuff.

Probably forgetting something. Located on Southside of Chicago. Close to OakLawn area.

$1750

-Nick

Attachments

• gp1.jpg
    gp1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 433
  • gp2.jpg
    gp2.jpg
    911.7 KB · Views: 404
  • gp3.jpg
    gp3.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 425
  • trans1.PNG
    trans1.PNG
    146.6 KB · Views: 419
  • trans2.PNG
    trans2.PNG
    219.4 KB · Views: 424
Last edited:

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Have you considered filing an insurance claim against Jiffy Lube?

Nah, they didn’t cause the actual issue with the engine, which was from running lean (oxygen sensor flaked out due to a crappy extension harness) racing a crotch rocket.

All they’re guilty of is overfilling the engine because they’re jiffy lube. Shame on me because I had oil and a filter, just no motivation to do it.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Back when I had my turbo red GP Jiffy losers did the exact same thing to my car. I saw them freaking out because it started smoking out of the tailpipe and went to investigate. I filled out paperwork that blamed them if there was any damage done. It was fine after and I got "free" oil changes for 5yrs, but FUCK taking my car back to any of those shithole places.

Thread Info