3800 FS: 1997 Stock GTP

J.E.T.

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
I'm posting this for a family member - my father. If this car sells, then I'll be able to sell my 2001 GTP to him. He's been drooling over it for years. LOL!

For Sale:
1997.5 Grand Prix GTP - stock
Red 4 door. Camel interior color. HUD and moonroof. Rest is standard GP stuff.
100k something miles. I'll get the exact mileage.

I say 1997.5 because it has most of the features of a 1998. It doesnt have a whip antenna and some of the engine components are 1998. The hood is not a prop up hood - it has the gas struts.

Its in stock form except for the resonator bring cut out. Rims are in perfect condition with no rashes (rims are from my 2001.)

Bad:
Trunk needs to be repainted. So my father didnt like the spoiler and decides to take it off. I tell him it will have holes. He says he can fill them in (he's done plenty of body work.) I say - Ya but it will need to be painted and you will never get it to look like factory without the proper equipment and paint. He says he'll use the aerosol cans. Oh boy... so... it the paint turned out like crap. DoH. I warned him.

I 'll need to take some pics. I've only got one or two.

Car is in great running order. Everything works on the car. Ive driven it a few times. I've worked on it many times - maintenance stuff.

Some things I can remember doing on the car:
- belts are less than 10k
- all pulleys less than 10k
- steering rack is new - less than 10k (shop repaired)
- pass side wheel hub replaced just a month ago
- Bosch patinum plugs last year
- new battery installed 2 weeks ago
- replaced power steering pump with newer pump

I havent done the research on the value of this car - so let me know if this is in the ballpark.
Ok I just did a quick kbb.com lookup. Private party at Fair condition is $3,240.

He's looking for $2,999.

J.E.T.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• J
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list