FS: 1996 Chevrolet Beretta Z26

For sale I have a 1996 Chevrolet Beretta:

The car is Black, with Grey interior and is a Z26 model (16 inch factory alloy wheels, firmer suspension, V-6 and Automatic, unique grill and cladding)

The car Starts/Runs/Drives FANTASTIC.
Burns nothing
Leaks nothing
Brakes are in great shape, as are the tires, which all 4 are nearly new.
Power locks, Power windows, MP3/CD player and good speakers.
Has a new serpentine belt
New cat-back exhaust (OEM)
Fresh oil change and air filter
in pretty damn good shape for being a 96

The car has 196,000 freeway miles (was a company car from the previous owner) and the only thing it needs is a driver side window (Left keys in the car, and tried to get back in un-successfully), and a new secondary O2 sensor (has no effect on MPG, just a CEL for it due to emissions)

KBB in fair condition is $1300, So that is my price, which I consider pretty fair considering its a solid running/driving car with fresh tires for winter.

PIC-0127-1.jpg

PIC-0126.jpg

Slider

Regular
Jan 3, 2008
NW Chicago
WTF? you sell this before I sell my Intrepid?

God... I don't think this car will ever sell...

Time to string the Christmas lights onto a board that will sit next to it that says "For Sale - Intrepid"

Did you try putting it on craigslist with your phone number in the ad? I put my friend's 98 Taurus up for $1600. It sold for $1500 in a little more than a week.

RebelGTP

Coyote Bus Lines
Jul 16, 2008
Rockford
if you hook me up with a finders fee I'm sure I could sell it fast ;-)

I'll buy you a weeks worth of baconators... that is lunch and dinner...
Did you try putting it on craigslist with your phone number in the ad? I put my friend's 98 Taurus up for $1600. It sold for $1500 in a little more than a week.

I'm on prepaid, and It's at my Grandmother's house... don't want to have to have her try to explain things while I am out...

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I'll buy you a weeks worth of baconators... that is lunch and dinner...

I'm on prepaid, and It's at my Grandmother's house... don't want to have to have her try to explain things while I am out...

phone numbers are bad-news in craigslist ads:

Word to the wise, what I've had GREAT success with is simply ending my ad with "Email me your contact information if you are interested, and I will contact you back shortly"

Cuts out those emails you get asking pointless questions typically, and gives YOU control of the sale, instead of waiting for people to call you.

RebelGTP

Coyote Bus Lines
Jul 16, 2008
Rockford

Word to the wise, what I've had GREAT success with is simply ending my ad with "Email me your contact information if you are interested, and I will contact you back shortly"

Cuts out those emails you get asking pointless questions typically, and gives YOU control of the sale, instead of waiting for people to call you.

I haven't gotten any emails even asking pointless questions? :dunno:

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods

I think you NEED to have a phone number in your craigslist add. If a buyer is serious they will call. The people that bullshit are the people who email. "Ill give you 5K (when you are asking 9)"... "Ill trade you a 83 GMC pickup and 2K cash, and a Ipod for your car"... etc Some people also don't want to wait for email, they don't think people like us check it all the time. Ive emailed MANY people on craigslist with ZERO response, I think a phone number is alot better.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I think you NEED to have a phone number in your craigslist add. If a buyer is serious they will call. The people that bullshit are the people who email. "Ill give you 5K (when you are asking 9)"... "Ill trade you a 83 GMC pickup and 2K cash, and a Ipod for your car"... etc Some people also don't want to wait for email, they don't think people like us check it all the time. Ive emailed MANY people on craigslist with ZERO response, I think a phone number is alot better.

I find when posting a phone number, people don't even read the ad, they just call, and ask you questions that are already answered in the ad, and then offer you a lowball.

If you put "Email me your contact information and I will call you back promptly" they at least go back and read the ad.

to each their own :dunno:

Thread Info