FS: 1995 Whippled Suburban 1500 - Modified

Hi TCG,

The owner of a company I work for is trying to sell his 1995 Suburban 1500 and I figured this may be a good place to start.

Miles - 105,700

Car came from Beverly Hills and was a once every other weekend truck.

For specifics, I'm going to refer you to Dennis, whom is the current owner.

It is 2 wheel with 4 wheel drive floor shifter Whipple supercharged, maintained with a pile of service records.

List of parts I know it has:

Whipple Supercharger - 5 PSI
Stillen Brakes
Exhaust
Extra wheels/tires (I'll double check)
Not sure on stock internals or the motor.

There are a few things that will need work, such as minor electrical wiring, a little TLC for the body, etc.

Asking Price: $7,000 Or Best Reasonable Offer

Pics Below:

Any questions, please PM me.

*** NO TRADES ***

Thank you
Chris

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Always love to give people a hard time eh?

Try not to crap up the thread KJ. If something is wrong or confusing, the logical thing to do is ask for clarification. Not make sarcastic remarks.

I personally do not know of the operation in this specific car.

Seriously?

Everyone else randomly tags me on this thread, and I'm the one who craps the thread? K.

all you did was explain how literally every 4wd suburban of this generation from the factory works in the world.

i was slightly interested, shit i even tossed your original post a "like" but i can't get past the heart burn inducing exhaust tips.

glws

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
Seriously?

Everyone else randomly tags me on this thread, and I'm the one who craps the thread? K.

all you did was explain how literally every 4wd suburban of this generation from the factory works in the world.

i was slightly interested, shit i even tossed your original post a "like" but i can't get past the heart burn inducing exhaust tips.

glws

Yes, seriously.

I copied/pasted what was sent to me via email, yet, it was cool to make fun of it and be sarcastic for no apparent reason. Sorry if I reacted to it? daturbosix mentioned he wished it was 2wd instead, and I verified that. I apologize if that was wrong.

I personally have zero experience with this model car. I'm used to a toggle switch knob to engage 4x4 low or a button. I asked to provide clarity and received shit for doing so.

I'll pass along feedback that the exhaust tips are not OK.

Thank you for the like, those are extremely hard to come by.

End Sarcasm.

:rofl:

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
So, it is not always in 4WD. It is standard 2WD with a 4x4 mode.

This is per the owner.

Yes, these with the Shift on the Fly Insta-Trac floor levers were purely 2wd for normal operation or selectable into 4wd with dual speed range transfer case. The pic above of your friend's, his is in 2Hi. 2Hi was in the middle below the yellow/orange section. To go from 2Hi to 4Hi, you pulled it down one notch toward the seat. To go to 4Lo, you went past the yellow/orange section (at a full stop), and into 4Lo all the way forward.

The Autotrac setup (a completely different transfer case), came about 1998. The floor shifters, unless it was some base model W/T, were all phased out by late 1996 and into 1997 in favor of the the push button setup. 1996 - 1999 BASE had the push buttons with 2Hi, 4Hi and 4 Lo. 1998 added the optional AutoTrac and the push button selector for Auto. When in Auto 4WD, it is in still in full time 2WD until slippage is detected and it automatically engages the front.

1996 - 1999 base 4WD system controls;
s-l225.jpg

1998 - 1999 with AutoTrac;
maxresdefault.jpg

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
Yes, these with the Shift on the Fly Insta-Trac floor levers were purely 2wd for normal operation or selectable into 4wd with dual speed range transfer case. The pic above of your friend's, his is in 2Hi. 2Hi was in the middle below the yellow/orange section. To go from 2Hi to 4Hi, you pulled it down one notch toward the seat. To go to 4Lo, you went past the yellow/orange section (at a full stop), and into 4Lo all the way forward.

The Autotrac setup (a completely different transfer case), came about 1998. The floor shifters, unless it was some base model W/T, were all phased out by late 1996 and into 1997 in favor of the the push button setup. 1996 & 1999 BASE had the push buttons with 2Hi, 4Hi and 4 Lo. 1998 added the optional AutoTrac and the push button selector for Auto.

1996 - 1999 base 4WD system controls;
s-l225.jpg

1998 - 1999 with AutoTrac;
maxresdefault.jpg

Thanks.

Appreciate the honest and direct answer.

Doing this as a favor and I wasn't given much information on the car itself, only a handful of photos.

If anyone has any questions/concerns and needs clarification, I'll find out.

If something is off, please forgive my lack of information and knowledge.

-Chris

Thread Info