FS: 1985 Olds Cutlass 455/TH350

Up for sale is my 1985 Oldsmobile Cutlass. I purchased the Cutlass in June of 2014 with 72,XXX miles. Current mileage stands at 75,XXX miles. I moved to Boulder, CO in March of 2017. My Cutlass has been sitting in my parent’s garage in McHenry, IL ever since. It served as my summer cruiser and has been parked in a garage year round in the four years that I have owned it. I am not planning on coming back to Illinois any time soon and do not see myself being able to bring the Cutlass out West with me at any point in the near future. Rather than have it collecting dust in my parent’s garage, I’d rather see it go to a good home that will enjoy it as much as I have in my four years of ownership.

Details:
- 75,XXX miles
- Oldsmobile 455
  • Engine rebuilt by previous owner using Speed Pro .030” Over Pistons
  • Longtube headers that feed into mufflers dumping under the rear axle
  • Edelbrock Performer Intake Manifold
  • Holley 850 Double Pumper
- TH350
  • Unsure of build specifics
- 8.5” 10 Bolt out of a Grand National
  • Factory 3.73 open differential
- Weld Racing Wheels
  • Fronts are 15 x 4.5 wrapped in 205/65R/15 Sumitomo HTR’s (new as of 2014 and 73k miles)
  • Rears are 15 x 8 wrapped in 295/50/15 (Forgot the Brand) (They are older and in need of replacing)

The Bad:
- There are miscellaneous rust spots that come along with a 30+ year old vehicle. I applied Por15 to all the major areas that I identified.
- There is no carpet in the interior
- Radio, A/C, Heat do NOT work
- The transmission pan drips a bit of fluid. I hadn’t yet gotten around to changing the pan gasket.
- The last time I was home, the starter began not functioning due to heat soak. The car starts up no problem when cold, but the current starter barely even tries after the 455 comes up to operating temperature. I have a brand new Powermaster MasterTorque Starter (#9610) that will be going with the car if I do not have a chance to swap it out first.
-

Asking $3,750 OBO

https://youtu.be/5t0xqaczzDo

Last edited:

1998gpgt

TCG Elite Member
Apr 25, 2008
Boulder, CO
When you say rust, is it rust holes or just surface rust?
How does the undercarriage look and whats wrong with heat/AC/radio?
Any pics of interior, does it have buckets with floor shifter?

Edit: Never mind on the AC, I see all that shit is gone in the engine bay

Rust- Extends beyond just surface rust in a few spots (floor pan and passenger door). I applied POR15 to all such areas.

Undercarriage- No discernible issues outside of the floor pan spots I referenced. Additional surface rust in other areas but that's about it.

Heat- No heater core as far as I'm aware. The HVAC controls don't even function for that matter.

Radio- Same thing as the HVAC controls. The radio does not currently have power.

Interior- Cloth bench seats with a column shifter. I probably should have acquired some interior pictures by this point, but I have not. Looks very similar to this.

73415138.jpg

Thread Info