Fry the Coop Quick Review

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
The Nashville sandwich comes with some sort of sauce on it. Not a hot sauce, more of a blackened ranch or something.

I used to love Fry The Coop, but they're expanding too quickly and it seems like the quality is suffering. The last few times I've had it, it wasn't like it used to be when it was just the one location in Oak Lawn.

Just went there last week for lunch, food was on point and delicious. Got the chicken tenders and waffles, waffles had bacon in them….so damn good! Been to both Elmhurst and Prospect Heights locations, never disappointed.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Went back tonight (for the first time since 2020) with greasy greasy. Got the chicken and waffles (sorry the pic isnt totally in focus, I didnt catch that I had manual focus on). Went with medium and while Jim told me the medium was still going to be hot, it was not hot. It was fine but I should have gone with hot. Chicken was good but I still find it to be missing something, I cant figure out what. Waffles were great, but I didnt really get any bacon taste, despite bacon being mixed in.

TLDR: Next time, get hot.

1647569821320.png

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
finally got to try the Elmhurst location. I ordered a nashville fried chicken sandwich with the crazy dry rub and seasoned fries.

The chicken was great, very moist and crispy. The crazy rub packed the heat, definitely cleared my sinuses but the creamy cole slaw, coop sauce and pickles countered and complimented that heat really well. Fries were just ok.

Will be back to try their insanity rub and those waffles

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
Reactions: BS ISF
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info