• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Frontend squeak

BlaqSnake

PC Pimp
May 13, 2006
Aurora, IL
There is a TSB out for something in the front end of our cars:

Cobra Bob said:
04-24-8 STEERING RACK NOISE - Some 2002-2004 Mustang vehicles may exhibit a squeak or creak type noise while turning.
ACTION: Replace both power steering gear tube brackets. Refer to Workshop Manual Section 211-02 Steering Gear Mounting. Tighten the steering gear mounting fasteners to 52 lb-ft (70 N-m).
PART NUMBER PART NAME - E5DZ-3K620-A BRACKET

Check it out here:
http://www.stangshiftergaskets.com/2003_2004faqs.htm#_Toc35092338

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
Randy, they are bad rack bushings. Replace them with MM units, I have the derlin bushing but most others use the poly. Problem fixed

+1. I already took mine to the dealer once all they did was lube them up. you r better off getting the off set steering rack bushings that are made from urithane. Plus it helps if you already lowered your car or ever plan on it.

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,t56,solid
Nov 15, 2005
I never see you out. You must be hiding.....:cool2:

The ChromeCobra is on Randall at least 2-5 times daily. Don't hate when you get a taste of 8psi and your crying like a little school girl looking at this out your front windshield....:woot:

1-6-07018.jpg

But yeah good luck with your squeek... Sounds like you need to get ahold of MM. :D

Stangfreak91

TCG Elite Member
Dec 5, 2004
Thanks guys for the input! I'm taking it back to the dealer and hopefully they can get it right this time or I'll be calling MM and asking the dealer to install the parts.

Side Note:
I'm gettin called out by "Chrome Cobra" and his friend "BoostLESS 2v" seems to me there down for a little "snake on snake" crime! What do you guys think? I know Mark's car is fast and both those little monkeys like to sandbag?hmmmm

we ain't scared!!!!!!!!!! BRING IT!!!:D:D:D

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,t56,solid
Nov 15, 2005
Thanks guys for the input! I'm taking it back to the dealer and hopefully they can get it right this time or I'll be calling MM and asking the dealer to install the parts.

Side Note:
I'm gettin called out by "Chrome Cobra" and his friend "BoostLESS 2v" seems to me there down for a little "snake on snake" crime! What do you guys think? I know Mark's car is fast and both those little monkeys like to sandbag?hmmmm

:nono::nono::nono:

PM SENT!

ChromeCobra

TCG Elite Member
Nov 19, 2005
Side Note:

LOL, you know im down:biggthump.
I dont know about that sandbag shit but im down for some racing.:squint:

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,t56,solid
Nov 15, 2005
LOL, you know im down:biggthump.
I dont know about that sandbag shit but im down for some racing.:squint:

I'll be the camera man! Lets chat tonight boys! My road out west that Mark knows about is long ( 2-3 miles) dead flat one side road that barely ever gets any traffic. Quarter marked out from a no-passing sign to a set of yellow reflectors one on each side of the road. :D There are only two houses on the 1/4 mile stretch and the starting line house is a bunch of young kids that come out and watch sometimes. And the house and the end of the 1/4 the guy owns a nice stang and doesnt say shit. Maybe Randy can buy me and Mark Portillos after the ChromeCobra wacks the Stangfreak :lmao:

ChromeCobra

TCG Elite Member
Nov 19, 2005
I'll be the camera man! Lets chat tonight boys! My road out west that Mark knows about is long ( 2-3 miles) dead flat one side road that barely ever gets any traffic. Quarter marked out from a no-passing sign to a set of yellow reflectors one on each side of the road. :D There are only two houses on the 1/4 mile stretch and the starting line house is a bunch of young kids that come out and watch sometimes. And the house and the end of the 1/4 the guy owns a nice stang and doesnt say shit. Maybe Randy can buy me and Mark Portillos after the ChromeCobra wacks the Stangfreak :lmao:

:eek2::eek2::eek2:Im down for that, but im in the middle of a 5.0 swap so we may have to do this during the weekend.:biggthump

Stangfreak91

TCG Elite Member
Dec 5, 2004

Sounds good! Make sure you bring that crack pipe you been smoking!! I wanna hit it to.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info