🏡 Better Homes Front load washer guys…

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
Ran the affresh tab on the tub clean cycle yesterday evening, forgot about it and didn’t open the door until lunch today. Whole machine actually smelled worse. Ran a second tab and wiped out the seal and drained the tube down by the filter and it seems to be better now.

• Haha
Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
My washing machine never stinks, but the first bit of water that comes out when you run a load does. The first tab seemed to have broken some of that yuck loose and redistributed it.

The garbage disposal tabs are very satisfying, but I’ve found you still have to pull the rubber splash thing and clean the muck off that.

I think the dish washer tabs can be ran with dishes in there. I usually empty the dishwasher and then throw the tab in a run it immediately after or I have the same problem here.

Z28Camaro

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2015
Metamora
Ran the affresh tab on the tub clean cycle yesterday evening, forgot about it and didn’t open the door until lunch today. Whole machine actually smelled worse. Ran a second tab and wiped out the seal and drained the tube down by the filter and it seems to be better now.
Save money and just dump a cup of citric acid and a half cup of baking soda in there. If the stink comes back so quickly then it’s not getting properly cleaned.

Reactions: DanJ

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
You guys have garbage disposals?

its the great pumpkin charlie brown GIF

• Haha

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
Decided to poke around behind my dryer and found out the vent was held on by hopes and dreams, so that was cool. Got a 4” hose clamp and pulled this out of the first bend. It’s in the unfinished part of my basement and goes straight out the wall. Will take it off later and blow it out with a leaf blower.

7EC2BAB6-2455-42AE-BF99-73435E4C33AF.jpeg

4627439C-6F59-41E0-9D2A-AFAB33A38E2B.jpeg

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Decided to poke around behind my dryer and found out the vent was held on by hopes and dreams, so that was cool. Got a 4” hose clamp and pulled this out of the first bend. It’s in the unfinished part of my basement and goes straight out the wall. Will take it off later and blow it out with a leaf blower.

View attachment 138445

View attachment 138444
Be brave and run the leaf blower the opposite way into the dryer. It's a mess, but worth it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info