🏡 Better Homes Front load washer guys…

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Make sure you’re cleaning the front seal, draining your discharge tube at the bottom and then pulling the filter out to clean. I’ve been pretty consistent every few months with this. But recently it started to stank. Cleaned everything again and picked up these tablets on Amazon. If your washer has a “tub clean” setting, throw the tablet in the drum, NOT the tray. Cleans deep inside pump, valve, tub, drum, agitator, filter and hose, truly works wonders. Just drained it again from the hose and after one tab and there is zero stench. So highly recommend and will shorten my cleaning and tablet tub clean to every one month.

Note: it will work on top load washer as well, but they aren’t as common for these issues as front load washers.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Top load poverty throw out your back unloading laundry from washer checking in.
Same but we bought ours last year. LG top loader and dryer combo from Costco. It recommends doing the tablet cleaning once a month and since I did set up the smart shit on it, will tell you when it’s recommended.

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
Top load poverty throw out your back unloading laundry from washer checking in.

I like the ancient turn the mechanical knob top load washer and basic bitch old driers. If it does break it’s cheap to fix because there are no one off No stupid ass circuit boards and special parts in them.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
I just send it with my 1981 all mechanical Maytag manual controls built to outlast every new moldy planned obsolescence throwaway junk made today.

Back when they were made in Galesburg. We’ve got some LG front loads with wifi that I don’t use because I typically do laundry when I’m home, so knowing what it’s doing from my phone is pointless. They’ll be replaced with something far less smart.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
Ours is so loud it’s hard to ignore. I’m also a mad man about laundry. Kid will leak and piss his sleep suit when he gets up at 7:30. If I’m doing laundry I’ll throw all the kids stuff in with whatever I have. That stuff will be dry, folded and put away before he goes down for his nap at 11:30.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Make sure you’re cleaning the front seal, draining your discharge tube at the bottom and then pulling the filter out to clean. I’ve been pretty consistent every few months with this. But recently it started to stank. Cleaned everything again and picked up these tablets on Amazon. If your washer has a “tub clean” setting, throw the tablet in the drum, NOT the tray. Cleans deep inside pump, valve, tub, drum, agitator, filter and hose, truly works wonders. Just drained it again from the hose and after one tab and there is zero stench. So highly recommend and will shorten my cleaning and tablet tub clean to every one month.

Note: it will work on top load washer as well, but they aren’t as common for these issues as front load washers.
Get a top loader and stop supporting this junk design.

• Haha

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Had to stack, otherwise I would have.
Blah Blah Blah Monday GIF by tot Ou tard

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I like the ancient turn the mechanical knob top load washer and basic bitch old driers. If it does break it’s cheap to fix because there are no one off No stupid ass circuit boards and special parts in them.
They break too. A cheap 5¢ pot metal part took out my no frills Maytag dryer. Couldn’t get just that part, needed a whole motor. Of course they make it so you break the fan blades when replacing it, so new fan too.

Parts cost me $150 for a $375 gas dryer ?

Oh, and it broke 4 days out of warranty, and Maytag wouldn’t do shit.

Getting LG or Samsung next. My LG fridge has been golden, and my Samsung microwave too.

• Wow

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
They break too. A cheap 5¢ pot metal part took out my no frills Maytag dryer. Couldn’t get just that part, needed a whole motor. Of course they make it so you break the fan blades when replacing it, so new fan too.

Parts cost me $150 for a $375 gas dryer ?

Oh, and it broke 4 days out of warranty, and Maytag wouldn’t do shit.

Getting LG or Samsung next. My LG fridge has been golden, and my Samsung microwave too.
May I suggest going full old school?

Cat Bra GIF

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info