NEW RIDE From E curious to out of the closet

Dave M

TCG Elite Member
Aug 28, 2015
Gurnee
Real Name
Morefield
Starting a new job next month and I’ll be turning in my company car when I quit my current job, so I needed a new appliance to get to and from work. After what felt like weeks of scouring dealer lots since the websites are never updated with inventory, I finally stumbled onto some inventory at Classic Kia. walked in to test drive a Sportage, and ended up leasing a 2021 Kia Niro full EV. Got a hell of a deal, and it’s actually quite fun to drive. I finally understand the EV fandom as I’d never driven one before today, but I’m glad I was E curious and gave it a shot.
Didn’t get many pics before dark, but it’s an appliance, so pretty sure no one cares to see multiple angles of it, lol.

A57BECE4-4874-41D7-812E-C1A5CEDA1FB4.jpeg

75C5ADF2-C7DE-4EC3-968E-293BB1830EB6.jpeg

Dave M

TCG Elite Member
Aug 28, 2015
Gurnee
Real Name
Morefield
I’ll get more pics tomorrow.
Specs:

201hp
291ftlbs
0-60 in 6 seconds
261 miles on a charge

Sicker was $41k, and Kia has a $10,700 rebate this month, so I leased it zero out of pocket, 36 months, 12k miles/yr, $430/mo. Has navigation, wireless apple CarPlay and the Android version as well. Also has the cold weather package which includes a heat pump for the interior, battery warmer, and heated seats/steering wheel.

Dave M

TCG Elite Member
Aug 28, 2015
Gurnee
Real Name
Morefield
Not gunna lie... For a little bounce around town DD, if I decided to be old and boring, I'd probably pick one up because fuck paying Tesla's premium.

Any dark metallic blue on cars gets an instant approval as well.
I was about as anti electric car as it gets for the last few years, but I admittedly had not driven one. Once I pulled out in traffic in this thing I was very impressed, and it has enough range to get me through at least a week between charges.

Reactions: frank

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
I'm going to get a 220v charger installed, but for now the wife has one at her office, and I can top it off with the 120v in my garage. This morning after a full charge it said I had 281 miles of range.

:nice:
I believe that kia or a third party makes a fast plug in charger, it has a 220v plug, nice thing is that an adapter comes with, one end has a 220 and the other 110 so you plug it into any outlet.

Thread Info