*FREE* project car (71 Lemans)

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
Okay, posting here because I'm not sure how many folks from Sloppy frequent the classifieds. Got a 71 Lemans 4dr post car. Certainly not even close to pretty, certainly not even close to rot free but it's an A-body like a Chevelle, GTO or similar it just has a longer wheel base. You could swap a GTO front end on this if you wanted to be a weirdo. Right now it's got a busted Pontiac 350 and an SM326 3 speed in it. I have a Grand National gas tank for it that you add a sender and fuel lines to for EFI, a spare 350P Engine, spare trunk lid and spare rear bumper. You come and pick it up in Joliet and it's yours to do what you will with. The front already has F-body brakes swapped on it. There's also a half completed turbo header and another flange that I was going to make for this. Also worth noting is that I have a Megasquirt I that's included for free with it that's controlling the ignition timing only.

I can throw in a half converted for BT 750DP and related parts (jet kit,) a TH400 long tail and a choice of turbos (twin GN turbos or a T66) as well for some bucks.

Car is dirtier than this but not much different. https://www.thechicagogarage.com/th...emans-4-door-build.130286/page-8#post-4076122

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
I'd just LS swap it probably, it does take on a bit of penalty for the 4 door but not much. It's ~3550 race weight with the Pontiac engine but they didn't ever have a small block so she's a chunky engine. Knocking 200lbs off the front end would probably do it a lotta good.

I forgot she's also a 3.23 8.2" axle, although not super strong it should be bolt in axles.

Reactions: Rdrnnr

Rdrnnr

wannabe racecar builder
Nov 15, 2020
This would be a cool summer daily driver. Hopefully someone here picks it up and continues the project. Very cool of you to offer it up for $free.99!
It's super cool. Might be a good option for my rusty bird when I get done pickin it apart too. I highly doubt that I'll be able to get anything for it but scrap after I'm done and I'd hate to see a 4th gen with a good title go to the crusher. Plus it'd be kinda cool to see what tcg would turn it into

Reactions: LikeABauce302
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info