đź”– Deals FREE car wash at turtle wax crystal lake

ThirdgenTa

TCG Elite Member
Mar 17, 2008
Aurora
Brand new cloth can do just as much damage as dirty. If the soap doesn't lift the dirt off the car you are just grinding it into the paint....

Plus most of those carwashes have reclaims which don't use 'clean' water to start with....

Yup... I have seen them drop towels on the ground or use the same towel that they just used on the wheels, on the paint. It's like grinding metal particles into the paint.
And I have been told that the water goes down the drain and gets "Filtered" and used back on your car. Kinda like sandblasting it.
I mean most people don't notice these things because they don't pay attention to their paint that close. But the people that do, go "well where the heck did I get all these swirls from"?
I'm not trying to be a dick, but I would only take this deal up if it was a winter beater or something I care about looking really nice.

muskie

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2011
Palatine
And I have been told that the water goes down the drain and gets "Filtered" and used back on your car. Kinda like sandblasting it.

At the wash that I worked at and maintained the reclaim system is like 3 giant septic tanks. Used water goes into the trench where the "sludge" (soap and wax turns black like tar) settles out. Water flows into the next tank settles and goes through all three tanks. No screen or anything just settling. Every rain day after we finished detailing we would have to dig this sludge out and haul it to the back in a wheel barrow until the once a year vac truck came to clean out the tanks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info