FREE ADMISSION to Road America if you drive a Mustang on July 18th!!!

SonicBlur

Harvester of Sorrow
Reaction score
Kohler International Challenge with Brian Redman presented by FORD is going on July 16-19, 2009 at Road America with free admission for Mustang drivers on Saturday July 18th, as spectators, not drivers. This is exclusively a vintage event. Anyone interested in making a run up early Saturday morning? There will be old cars of all marques there including the Ford GT40. We will most likely be meeting at Streets of Woodfield...don't know what time yet.

http://www.roadamerica.com/Races/RaceInformation.asp?id=5

-Mike

cobraj

Reaction score
Road america is a cool place to go.

Since 1964

Reaction score
We comming home that same night? I might do this, I too love Road America, and I haven't been there in a long time.

OP
SonicBlur

SonicBlur

Harvester of Sorrow
Reaction score
Well, they said they want to leave Streets at about 7am, but by the time we get there, we'll have already missed a lot. When ever I go to Road America, I try to leave at about 5am and get to the gate by 7-7:30.....but that's just me.

There is still no official time set in stone yet, but I want to leave as early as possible! I like getting there first to all the test n' tune and so on.

-Mike

Since 1964

Reaction score
Well, they said they want to leave Streets at about 7am, but by the time we get there, we'll have already missed a lot. When ever I go to Road America, I try to leave at about 5am and get to the gate by 7-7:30.....but that's just me.

There is still no official time set in stone yet, but I want to leave as early as possible! I like getting there first to all the test n' tune and so on.

-Mike
I would leave real early also, better traveling, easier spotting the cops, faster blasts when available....I would have to take a nap though for a few hours in the after noon, I just know myself and after all the sun, a FEW beers and a million brats, I'll dose off standing up, but an energy BLAST and I'll be good to go back home around 5. I don't even know if I can do this yet, but I want my 2010 there to take photos, there's some great shots to be had, no doubt. I'm going to look it up and see if I really want to go or not.

OP
SonicBlur

SonicBlur

Harvester of Sorrow
Reaction score
The guys at CMC are leaving at 7am, I want to leave around 5am. Dennis is right, it's just easier and more enjoyable to leave earlier.

-Mike

Since 1964

Reaction score
The guys at CMC are leaving at 7am, I want to leave around 5am. Dennis is right, it's just easier and more enjoyable to leave earlier.

-Mike
We need to get a little "Sunrise Cruise" attitude going on THIS deal also. This will be a GREAT car show and relaxing day. Plus the trip up there is a great drive. I will comment on or before 7-10-for sure, right now "I" don't even know I can go, so let's see how things shape up until then.

With proper planning, I'm sure we can get a few others to join us, and being that Saturday IS Mustang day with a FREE entry, this should be cool. All we need is a change of clothes, a recliner and a case of beer, or better we buy track beer for the brats and just keep the cooler for the ride there and back. I'm liking this more and more. It IS a lot of walking though so be prepared to haul a chair all day or you won't be able to get a break. That's easy though, I've done it a bunch, besides it will be good for my fat ass. My 2010 deserves to parked there also.

PETSNKE

DRIVEN
Reaction score
For those of you whom can't make this, Northwoods Shelby Club has a track rental at Road America on Aug 7th thru 9th. Mystic Terminator and I will be runnng our cars on-track on Fiday and Saturday that weekend and if you bring a helmet you can probably get a ride for a session if you like.

Since 1964

Reaction score
For those of you whom can't make this, Northwoods Shelby Club has a track rental at Road America on Aug 7th thru 9th. Mystic Terminator and I will be runnng our cars on-track on Fiday and Saturday that weekend and if you bring a helmet you can probably get a ride for a session if you like.
This sounds like a good idea too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom