Frank's random auction purchases/ daily driver work trucks thread.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg

I’ve considered it. I would love to swap the truck to 4x4 with super duty axles and do a Cummins/ NV4500 but we all know that’ll never happen.

Reactions: Turbocharged400sbc

Z28Camaro

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2015
Metamora
im kinda like a machine shop. i have files and shit.

giphy.gif

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I just don't get the lowballing sometimes. I get guys offering me half of what I am asking for no other reason than because they can. If they have a legit reason why my asking price is high I will consider the offer. Otherwise it will take the buyer onsite with cash for me to consider selling for less than my asking price. I shouldn't even respond to those guys but I feel if I send a few messages back and forth the FB algorithm might show my listing to more people.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I just don't get the lowballing sometimes. I get guys offering me half of what I am asking for no other reason than because they can. If they have a legit reason why my asking price is high I will consider the offer. Otherwise it will take the buyer onsite with cash for me to consider selling for less than my asking price. I shouldn't even respond to those guys but I feel if I send a few messages back and forth the FB algorithm might show my listing to more people.

because sometimes it works, im not trying to make friends.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
I finally fucking got one.

Story time.... Growing up, we were family friends with the owners of Town & Country Power in Wauconda before they were purchased by Buck Bros. Every summer from the age of like 6-12 they would drop off a brand new 6x4 Gator for me to drive around for the week. Needless to say my golf cart I had as a kid didn't get any love for that week.

Fast forward 20ish years I finally got one. 2005 John Deere Gator 6x4 with the Yanmar 3-cyl DIESEL with just under 500 hours. It needs some cleaning up but has absolutely zero rot which Gators are known for. My main concern was that none of the plastic body panels have any cracks or are missing since they can get expensive. Ideally I'll use it for the summer and then repaint the metal that's in need. Picking it up Thursday hopefully.

DEEZUZ DEEZUZ likes this. Farming Reality '21.

ada8095e4affd5d43a72c07525856e592d4e6dfb.jpg

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Did they make any of those 6x6?

They did not. They had the 4x2 and 6x4 gators from the early 90's through current. In 2006ish they introduced the 4x4 gators that utilized the same design, and then eventually rolled out the UV and XUV series which are pretty much comprable to a Ranger/ General depending on what model you go for.

The 6x4's are pretty hard to get stuck though. I will be replacing the tires ASAP on this one to the factory available more aggressive ones. My main want for this was that it has the power dump bed and the diesels can move fucking mountains. I want to be able to overload it with firewood in the bed once I build sides and tow my splitter behind it so I can process trees on-site.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
What’s the top speed of one of those?

Not great lol. Like 22 mph. About what my golf carts do with the governor removed. Most of where this thing will be going up north 20mph is few and far between.

Theres some stuff you can do to these though, so I’ll be looking into that eventually.

Reactions: Z28Camaro

Thread Info