Frank's random auction purchases/ daily driver work trucks thread.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Wasn’t shit in the filter, it had also been flushed with ATF before dropping filter.

I tend to agree with the check valve theory. The engine runs and sounds like a 40,000 mile engine until you let it idle for 5+ min when at operating temp.

I may just be crazy but it seemed to be taking longer for the noise to appear the more I drive it. There’s probably 1/2qt of ATF left in the system along with a qt of Lucas. I haven’t driven it in 3 days though. The plow wiring harness had some issues I’ve been working through and the front clip is still tore off at this point. They wired it oddly so I’m pretty much just R&R on the harness now and reinstalling it my way.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
The longer I drive the truck it seems like the ticking noise is taking even longer to come back. Have roughly 600 miles on it now, drove it up to the auction yard in Monroe today, so that was about 90 miles. Cruise set at 65 truck drives straight.

Got the plow issues all resolved. All this thing really needed was someone with patience and about 15 hours to clean up electrical corrosion.

I’m probably going to keep daily driving this. It’s getting 12.7 MPG, my truck gets low 14’s. It’s also looking like a 90 day mud season up here and I don’t give a cinnamon toast fuck if I bounce this thing off a fence post foot to floor trying to get out of a pasture.

IMG_7587.jpeg

Thread Info