• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Fpdm Mod

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
So the FPDM mod that retails like around $200, I heard that you can mod your own. I read that all you have to do is pull the cover off, and that alone provides enough cooling to the unit. Is this true? I also heard that you can run 2 piggy back. I think its such a rip off to pay over $200 for something you may be able to do yourself easily.

dun4791

gypsy is a whore!
Mar 2, 2004
What ain't no country I ever heard of
So the FPDM mod that retails like around $200, I heard that you can mod your own. I read that all you have to do is pull the cover off, and that alone provides enough cooling to the unit. Is this true? I also heard that you can run 2 piggy back. I think its such a rip off to pay over $200 for something you may be able to do yourself easily.

What does your system consist of? The dual drivers are the way to go with GT pumps, two STOCK drivers.

Dewalt03cobra

Dewalt03Cobra
Dec 3, 2004
I was told that if you do run the GT40 pumps with the stocker... you will smoke it. Just what I was told, 20 minutes later I was shelling out a credit card number hahahaha

So, to put Gt pumps in you have to modify your Fuel Pump Driver Module.

Does anyone have a full write-up on how and what is needed to install GT pumps?

Within the next couple months I will be getting Bigger injectors and GT pumps so I can run E85 in my car. So I'd really like to find out.

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
What does your system consist of? The dual drivers are the way to go with GT pumps, two STOCK drivers.

Well I will be running the 2.2l kenne bell, and 60# seimens injectors, also the sct ba2400 mass air meter, and last the kenne bell boost a pump. So do I need to do the FPDM mod with a KB boost a pump or no? Are you saying that you only have to modify it if you put bigger pumps in?

Well I will be running the 2.2l kenne bell, and 60# seimens injectors, also the sct ba2400 mass air meter, and last the kenne bell boost a pump. So do I need to do the FPDM mod with a KB boost a pump or no? Are you saying that you only have to modify it if you put bigger pumps in?

save the 200.00 with your setup, just make sure you do the BAP wire upgrade and you will be good........

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info