Fox Chain O'Lakes level's & bridge clearance official thread

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Well. woke up at 445 to my sump pumps sounding "off". I come downstairs and water just at the very top of the sump pump hole. Im like fuck. I tested it last night and setup my backyard hoses. Looked like a power cord was caught somewhere causing it not to turn on? IDK I messed with shit and it started working again. I was just about to throw a utility pump down the hole and start pumping water out while I goto Menards to wait untill they open at 6AM. We got alot of water last night and my rain gauge was maxed out. If they "close" the river I might just pull my boat and waverunner for the season.

Here we go again!!!

Reactions: Eagle

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
It's definitely going to be closed soon... #SoMuchRain

i could check your shit after work if you'd like me to, on my way out of town.

i retied my toon this morning, water came up a LOT up by me.

it might not even come up that much by you though, the thing i read yesterday, sounds like they have the river on max drainage right now.

a lot of water coming in though.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
i could check your shit after work if you'd like me to, on my way out of town.

i retied my toon this morning, water came up a LOT up by me.

it might not even come up that much by you though, the thing i read yesterday, sounds like they have the river on max drainage right now.

a lot of water coming in though.

I wouldn't mind at all! I'll probably take a look today too

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I can, no problem.

Normally my tooner is a step down. Nooottttt right now lol

0913190611_HDR.jpg

MrMezger996

Formerly CobraSki
TCG Premium
Jun 12, 2015
Hoffman Estates
My boat floated off my lift and someone had tied up my boat. Pulled my boat out on Friday night. I’m done with this shit, I know, you can’t control rain, water blah blah blah..... this is my 7th season on the chain and every year it seems to get worse. I know 7yrs is nothing compared to what some one you have been on the chain but this has solidified my decision to sell my boat and head to the big lake.

Last edited:

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
My boat floated off my lift and someone had tied up my boat. Pulled my boat out on Friday night. I’m don’t with this shit, I know, you can’t control rain, water blah blah blah..... this is my 7th season on the chain and every year it seems to get worse. I know 7yrs is nothing compared to what some one you have been on the chain but this has solidified my decision to see my boat and head to the big lake.

this year was pretty solid all things considered. i dont think it's a blah blah blah situation when this area got like 10 inches of rain last week. that's an INSANE amount of water. the one year when we lost july- when i got my formula was a worse year overall.

Reactions: IceCreamAssassin

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Yeah worst since 2017 flood for sure. Also have no idea why lakes are "open" my guess is DNR does not call any shots on the weekend. River look OK where Eagle is but lakes are most definitely flooded. Saw people boating off the 12 bridge like no big deal on Sunday.

Hopefully will crest soon down by me. Went to raise the Powerquest up on Friday and lift cable snapped. Boat fell into the water. I tired it up and got my trailer and neighbor ready. River was still "no wake" at that time. Made my way north to closest launch ramp at Fox 14. CLOSED. Wtf they supposed to be open on Friday. Went further north to no wake bar parking lot flooded and launch ramp closed. At this time I get notification on phone that lower and upper are CLOSED. Im over here trying to now get to Forest preserve launch with the floating docks to get the boat out. Yeah im at no wake speed. But at 1500rpm kinda Lake Geneva plowing . It was super windy out and 1-2 footers on the river and current was ripping. I was making a wake and thought I would have my picture posted on LFRB for sure. Left the cover half way on the boat and opened engine compartment to make sure people know I wasn't out on a leassurely cruise. But made it to launch ramp and pulled boat out with no issue.

Reactions: Yaj Yak

MrMezger996

Formerly CobraSki
TCG Premium
Jun 12, 2015
Hoffman Estates
this year was pretty solid all things considered. i dont think it's a blah blah blah situation when this area got like 10 inches of rain last week. that's an INSANE amount of water. the one year when we lost july- when i got my formula was a worse year overall.

You are correct in the fact that was a shit ton of rain but just because we can say its no ones fault doesn't mean we have to except it as the norm. I dont feel the water levels are handled correctly within the chain O lakes. All Im saying is the hassle of flooding and low water times is not wroth the price of admission in my opinion any more.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
You are correct in the fact that was a shit ton of rain but just because we can say its no ones fault doesn't mean we have to except it as the norm. I dont feel the water levels are handled correctly within the chain O lakes. All Im saying is the hassle of flooding and low water times is not wroth the price of admission in my opinion any more.

i mean, i 1000% dont know what they could have done differently this go 'round.

i get it that you are bailing though- it's tough to boat how you do and make it make sense for the money you spend.

you'll have plenty of days on the big pond you can't go out- but just like the chain- plenty of great ones to make up for it.

The midwest is seriously an awful place to plan on good boating for a season.

fixed.

that being said, i think we put around 45 engine hours on our pontoon this year- and we didn't start boating until july because of working on our house. im not pulling out yet- i've got solid hope for some mid 60's and sunny days in october ?

we also managed to put however many hours on our formula on cumberland in 4-5 days in that time frame as well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info