HZePhj7.png

V4DlxjD.png

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
yes the lakes are flooded

the lrfb page makes me never want to boat down there ever.

those people blow donkey dick.

as i posted above, the area has gotten 400% of the average rainfall for the past month... four. hundred. percent.

crystal lake in the one map for the last month has 15-18 inches of rain :rofl:

i haven't heard that

that's interesting.

link to any of that?

i really still think that the flooding is due to the extreme rain events we've had... solely. we've gotten amounts of rain in single storms that we typically don't see in a week or two and especially north of here.

i do enjoy all these facebook conspiracy theorists though who really think that there is someone out there actually trying to fuck the chain by letting it flood frequently :rofl:

even if it's after the 1st, you got some time... but i mean, it's a month out anyways, there should be solid time.

if you need help though hit me up.

i was reading/thinking about this more last night. and so i wanted to look at my guess that it's more just these clusterfuck storms we see- so i think it really is primarily. this is all for antioch which is a very tiny portion of the fox chain watershed- but at the same time, kinda dead nuts of it.

may 2018- 6.25 inches of rain - avg is 3.94.
june 2018- 6.69 inches of rain - avg is 3.63.
july 2018- 1.04 inch of rain - avg is 3.63
aug 2018- 4.5 inches of rain - avg is 4
sept 2018 - 4.3 inches of rain - avg is 3.4
oct 2018 - 4.9 inches of rain - avg is 2.9

we had closures in may, june, and october, best i can tell... also the same time we had a significant amount more of rain.

could the dam/lock in mchenry "not be finished?" sure. Could it be completely fucking the system? I highly doubt it. Could it be a small portion?

yep.

moreover... these extraordinary weather events are raping the chain hard. that's for sure.

:trump:

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/images/145101/record-setting-precipitation-leaves-us-soils-soggy

conus_grc_2019133.jpg

The continental United States recently finished its soggiest 12 months in 124 years of modern recordkeeping. The results are visible in satellite measurements of fresh water.

From May 1, 2018, to April 30, 2019, the lower 48 states collectively averaged 36.20 inches (919.48 millimeters) of precipitation, a full 6.25 inches (158.75 mm) above the mean. The previous record (April 2015 to March 2016) was 35.95 inches. According to the National Centers for Environmental Information, ten U.S. states had their wettest 12 months, and three others were in the top three. Many of them were clustered in the Mid-Atlantic and Midwest regions.

According to the May 21 report from the U.S. Drought Monitor, just 2.72 percent of the contiguous U.S. was in drought, among the lowest levels in two decades of records. California is completely out of drought for the first time since 2011. As recently as February 2018, one-third of the United States was in drought.

The map above shows how groundwater has responded to the unusually wet year. The colors depict the wetness percentile; that is, how the amount of groundwater on May 13, 2019, compares to all Mays from 1948 to 2012. Blue areas have more abundant groundwater than usual for the time of year, and orange and red areas have less. The map is based on multiple types of meteorological data (precipitation, temperature, etc.) integrated within an advanced computer model developed by scientists at NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info