Fox Chain O'Lakes level's & bridge clearance official thread

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Elaborate
The track record on these things seem pretty spotty. A lot of build quality issues and new model teething problems. KJ was right, the wear rings seem to be an issue. They also tend to capsize if you don't balance weight. Once I finally saw one in person they are very very cheap feeling but for the price it's expected. For the $45k I'd much rather guy a used boat from a reputable manufacturer. I decided to repower our 95 Sea Ray for the next couple years then upgrade to a 2014-2018 year model in 2026.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
The track record on these things seem pretty spotty. A lot of build quality issues and new model teething problems. KJ was right, the wear rings seem to be an issue. They also tend to capsize if you don't balance weight. Once I finally saw one in person they are very very cheap feeling but for the price it's expected. For the $45k I'd much rather guy a used boat from a reputable manufacturer. I decided to repower our 95 Sea Ray for the next couple years then upgrade to a 2014-2018 year model in 2026.

Not sure why anyone would buy one of those. Wear ring is a common issue with all Sea-Doos not just the pontoon. Knock on wood, I just finished 3 seasons with my RXTX-300 and haven't had a single mechanical issue.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
The new Neighbor across the street is on Boone creek, upstream of the riverwalk n Mchenry. He was asking me about how high the creek gets.. I told him I dunno. He was excited to get his pontoon in the water but also worried about his basement taking water.
Maybe he can launch his pontoon from his basement soon.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
The new Neighbor across the street is on Boone creek, upstream of the riverwalk n Mchenry. He was asking me about how high the creek gets.. I told him I dunno. He was excited to get his pontoon in the water but also worried about his basement taking water.
Gets to launch his boat but all his free time is going to be spent on flood cleanup.

After seeing all the shit PANDA PANDA went through at his FRG house, I would want to live anywhere on the chain that isn’t 10’+ above water level.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods

Have him check out the FEMA flood maps. But if he owns a home in the flood plan you probably know that already. The maps can give you a idea if your home or yard could experience flooding. But any home waterfront of not can get water in the basement also. Even if you are "high and dry" on the chain during flooding you also have to deal with flooding. No wake restrictions, closed restrictions. Dock or yard damage from high water etc.

1712081443211.png

Reactions: Pewter-Camaro

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
Have him check out the FEMA flood maps. But if he owns a home in the flood plan you probably know that already. The maps can give you a idea if your home or yard could experience flooding. But homes that are high and dry can get water in the basement also. Even if you are "high and dry" on the chain during flooding you also have to deal with flooding. No wake restrictions, closed restrictions. Dock or yard damage from high water etc.

View attachment 202738

Ohh I already know his place is on the flood plane and I’m sure he’s paying a good penny on insurance and knows it’s n a flood zone. The blue section encompasses his entire lot and crosses the street and ends right were the incline of my driveway starts.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

link to the flood pics ill search for his yard

Reactions: Pewter-Camaro

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Gets to launch his boat but all his free time is going to be spent on flood cleanup.

After seeing all the shit PANDA PANDA went through at his FRG house, I would want to live anywhere on the chain that isn’t 10’+ above water level.
at least it's not as frequent on the upper as it is on the lower

ps does this mean PANDA PANDA moved

Thread Info