and boats. i miss boats also.

Rip Pour One Out GIF

Reactions: OffshoreDrilling

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I couldn’t spend that while living in Illinois, wouldn’t use it enough. I’d take the thing out 4-5 times a year at best.

from my personal experiences... which others may disagree with, pools > boats for small childrens.

using my pool is so much less stressful than boating would be right now at this stage in my life.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Absolutely. When you see how it maneuvers, there's no way you'd want a traditional wheel and throttle.

im saying that because all of the jetboats they put BRP motors in with steering wheels and single "normal" throttles are impossible to park.

you could drive like a dick with a steering wheel or handlebars plenty easily at speed.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Go on....

so, im just guessing they draft more than a typical pwc... looks like 21 is at 19.3" draft without anyone or thing in it.

im guessing "they" will say to make sure you're in 3-4 feet of water before you turn the thing on, which on the chain is as you know, isn't the majority.

cuz... you'll be sucking up mud & rocks and whatever else... damaging the wear ring, and potentially the impeller.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
so, im just guessing they draft more than a typical pwc... looks like 21 is at 19.3" draft without anyone or thing in it.

im guessing "they" will say to make sure you're in 3-4 feet of water before you turn the thing on, which on the chain is as you know, isn't the majority.

cuz... you'll be sucking up mud & rocks and whatever else... damaging the wear ring, and potentially the impeller.
Hmmmm, I never really thought about that. I though since it drafts much less than a stern drive it would be ideal. Sucking rock would be an issue but most of the shallow parts in the chain would be navigated on plane, no? The channels are usually 4-5 feet.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Hmmmm, I never really thought about that. I though since it drafts much less than a stern drive it would be ideal. Sucking rock would be an issue but most of the shallow parts in the chain would be navigated on plane, no? The channels are usually 4-5 feet.

so back 10-15 years ago (fuck me im old godddamnit) we used to go through a wear ring a season basically on our waverunners because basically at some point you're going to be starting it in shallower water- either near a boat ramp, at a dock, sandbar, whatever etc.

the other thing id be concerned with is 1.6L engine pushing 2500-4000lbs of boat.... that's why older jetboats were so much less reliable than their pwc counterparts. so much more load on that tiny engine.

but it really really seems like seadoo has that 1630 figured out

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I'd really like to buy a Seadoo Switch in the next 2 years. 21' tooner with 230 HP and PWC maintenance for $40K? Sign me up. It's not Benny plush but who cares? Perfect chain boat IMO.

I'm pretty sure my dad paid $43K for his 17 Bennington 22 tritoon with 175 Yamaha out the door with a trailer brand new.

Prices are crazy these days. I wouldnt pay $40K for a fisher price boat.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I'm pretty sure my dad paid $43K for his 17 Bennington 22 tritoon with 175 Yamaha out the door with a trailer brand new.

Prices are crazy these days. I wouldnt pay $40K for a fisher price boat.

to order that boat, it's a $65-70k boat now at minimum.

and if you're not buying it, the next 10 people will.

• Wow
Reactions: PANDA
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info