• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Fox Chain O'Lakes level's & bridge clearance official thread

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Reaction score
honestly you'd likely be better if the lakes were at summer pool, the water is moving through the system so fast with nowhere to go

PANDA

Reaction score
honestly you'd likely be better if the lakes were at summer pool, the water is moving through the system so fast with nowhere to go
Thought the whole reason for winter draw down was for storage for snow melt? To help with flooding.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Reaction score
Thought the whole reason for winter draw down was for storage for snow melt? To help with flooding.
correct, in the spring though. because then the chain has storage capacity once they close the gates.

the chain can come up 2-3 feet come march/april with snow melt and not effect anything.

right now the winter pool setup just gets water in and out as quick as possible, come spring time it allows the snowmelt to fill the chain back up

PANDA

Reaction score
Woke up to my sump pump pumping. Pouring rain outside and its February. JUST GREAT. Said to myself yesterday if the river gets any higher my sump will start pumping. Its not a big deal at all. But if I don't have a hose hooked up to it the sump discharges right onto my patio. (poor design) The water stains the bricks. So do I hook my hose up and risk it freezing when the temps drop backing up and flooding my basement or do I say fuck it. Hope once the rain stops this sump stops pumping. Never had a winter flood. I also think my sump is to low in the hole and is prematurely pumping. I moved it when I redid the PCV.

#floodlife

Bub

Pitter Patter
Donating Member
Reaction score
I would suggest getting that wire for ice daming and wrapping your pipe in it to keep it warmer. Or maybe a Nylon full of rock salt in the pit to lower the freezing temp of the water going through it.

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
Donating Member
Reaction score
Sounds terrible.... I would say fuck it and dont risk the hose freezing.
temps are going to DROP tonight and tomorrow is going to be like 15*

not worth the risk ?

good luck man

PANDA

Reaction score
It is pumping pretty regular. I got a 8 inch corrugated hose rigged up but not actually attached to PVC piping coming out of house. Hose slightly downhill emptying into the yard. Neighbor the plummer said it should be OK. He also said it will stop pumping once the ground freezes back up. ugh ok. Will report back in the morning.

Lead Pipe

I'm Tiny Riiiiiiiiick
Reaction score
Where have you guys been?? We bought a deck boat last fall.... [MENTION=19]Yaj Yak[/MENTION], that mental midget even tried to use it against me that my family all went in on it.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Reaction score
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

you aren't calling ME the mental midget, got it. im witchya

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Reaction score
chain's low still, it's like they were thinking it might come up a lot still... so hopefully it doesn't floooder

Lead Pipe

I'm Tiny Riiiiiiiiick
Reaction score
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

you aren't calling ME the mental midget, got it. im witchya
Right

chain's low still, it's like they were thinking it might come up a lot still... so hopefully it doesn't floooder
It's also the beginning of the rainy season. I hope it stays low since I plan to be back on the water, a lot. Seems the last 2 season have started with closures.

PANDA

Reaction score
National Weather Service predicted 3-5 inches of rain this week. Hopefully the lakes are at a level where they can "store" a ton of water and minimize flooding.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Reaction score
3-5 in a week is whatever. 3-5 over night is the issue.

or when burlington gets 10 inches in two days.

• :)
  • :angrys00ls:
  • ;)
  • :(
  • :mad:
  • :confused:
  • :cool:
  • :p
  • :D
  • :eek:
  • :oops:
  • :rolleyes: