Fox Chain O'Lakes level's & bridge clearance official thread

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
okp9uiM.jpg

it's high

the dock my boat is kept at hasn't been underwater once this year, but now it is

MrMezger996

Formerly CobraSki
TCG Premium
Jun 12, 2015
Hoffman Estates
[MENTION=12096]CobraSki03[/MENTION] you want me to yank yer yacht out?

I was there yesterday, and marina had no power to my lift so it will have to wait. It’s still pretty good for now. My trailer is another thing.....Image1539176037.312714.jpg

So I officially will not be returning to SL. I put a deposit down at another marina to keep my trailer and boat. This flooding is BS, I spend to much $$ to not be able to use trailer due to flooding. Thanks for looking out though.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I was there yesterday, and marina had no power to my lift so it will have to wait. It’s still pretty good for now. My trailer is another thing.....View attachment 34935

So I officially will not be returning to SL. I put a deposit down at another marina to keep my trailer and boat. This flooding is BS, I spend to much $$ to not be able to use trailer due to flooding. Thanks for looking out though.

do you have a rebel now?

MrMezger996

Formerly CobraSki
TCG Premium
Jun 12, 2015
Hoffman Estates
also can't you lower your lift without power? with a drill? i know my one motor works that way? i have the attachment

Yes you can, I dont have the attachment piece that goes on motor, it it was an emergency I could have made something work out. I was told power would be restored by wknd. That is my cousins Checkmate a few slips down from me that is selling..

MrMezger996

Formerly CobraSki
TCG Premium
Jun 12, 2015
Hoffman Estates
i wish i'd known, i saw it and was like welp dont know that guy, and i left :rofl:

yea, Grass Lake Marina will be the new home. Got a nice spot down by the water and our boats will be right across from us. With this flood, and its the worst one this season, it was a great time to see which marinas flood. Grass Lake was dry, and with floating piers that was even a bonus. Hopefully will have trailer moved in the next two weeks. Right now I would fear the trailer sinking in the grass trying to pull it from the spot.

MrMezger996

Formerly CobraSki
TCG Premium
Jun 12, 2015
Hoffman Estates
i have the attachment if you're feelin' froggy. i don't mind.

Im always feeling froggy!! But I have driven up there the last two night, so I will probably wait until Sat. I hit you up if I still dont have power. While I was at GLM, I noticed some boats flying across grass lake. I asked Judy (owner) and she said its past Oct 1st and with no markers out there is technically no no-wake. I was really surprised to see that. guy should still have respect for other though

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Im always feeling froggy!! But I have driven up there the last two night, so I will probably wait until Sat. I hit you up if I still dont have power. While I was at GLM, I noticed some boats flying across grass lake. I asked Judy (owner) and she said its past Oct 1st and with no markers out there is technically no no-wake. I was really surprised to see that. guy should still have respect for other though

that's messed up, they shouldn't be doing that... it's no wake on the chain and closed on the river.

furthermore, she's wrong actually, you can 100% get ticketed blowing no wake areas that aren't marked because it's out of season.

and with all the facebook chain keyboard warriors i would not risk it.

MrMezger996

Formerly CobraSki
TCG Premium
Jun 12, 2015
Hoffman Estates
that's messed up, they shouldn't be doing that... it's no wake on the chain and closed on the river.

furthermore, she's wrong actually, you can 100% get ticketed blowing no wake areas that aren't marked because it's out of season.

and with all the facebook chain keyboard warriors i would not risk it.

See that’s what I thought.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I pulled the PQ out Friday because I had a shrink swap appointment Monday. Saturday I was helping my neighbor pull his toon and decided to pull my toon out also since I had his help. The river was at a point where I would either need to take off the Bimini top or disconnect the canvas top on the lift to get the boat out. I said fucked it. Good think I removed it, the river CLOSED Sunday morning. Current was moving also, fastest I have removed a boat during. I was gonna keep in the toon in till the end of the month but not with this flood. Probably take a few weeks for the river to get back to normal, it gets dark at 430PM now, and the next two weekends I am busy.

meh season's over.

Thread Info