• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Fox Body Coyote Swap. Anyone in here done one?

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
This Ă—1000

giphy.gif

:bowrofl:

cap42

Restoration Hell
Mar 22, 2005
Bolingbrook IL
Speaking of which, hey cap42 cap42 If you look at the fron radiator support, I want to fill all those holes when I smooth out my bay. Do they make sheet metal holes of random sizes, or would you trace it out and cut it out to make it fit, or how would you plug those holes?

It looks like all the Scott Rod stuff is all 22 gauge steel, so maybe I just grab a sheet of it and cut out all the sizes needed?

I see 2 options, first is yes cutting out your own patches. For holes that small I would use a pair of tin snips and a bench mounted belt sander to get a tight fit and burn it in.

The second option is to make a rad cover plate to hide the whole support. That would require more specialized tools (metal brake, bead roller or die punches and perhaps an english wheel.)

Reactions: FESTER665

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
I see 2 options, first is yes cutting out your own patches. For holes that small I would use a pair of tin snips and a bench mounted belt sander to get a tight fit and burn it in.

The second option is to make a rad cover plate to hide the whole support. That would require more specialized tools (metal brake, bead roller or die punches and perhaps an english wheel.)

Option 1 it is. :bowrofl:

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
The car isnt going to be a drag car, its going to be a go have fun out on the street car...

Rowing gears is fun to me. If I had to sit in traffic all day with the thing I might entertain going automatic, but for my 3 mile commute if I take it to work, I'm good.

Just giving you hell itll keep the cost down to use what you already have.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info