• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

formula/trans am

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Reaction score
im looking at buying a new toy and found a 02 formula close by for a nice price. what are the differences in the formula and the trans ams? is saving for a TA worth it?

Outlaw

Reaction score
Body kit. Drivetrain wise they're the same... unless you get a WS6, which has some suspension changes.

willizm

Ho fuckin Ho!
Reaction score
The base TA is really not worth it over a formula unless you want some creature comforts, leather and ttops. I believe the only performance differences come between the formula/TA and the WS6 package. The ws6 has a 3.23 gear and suspension differences along with a better catback.

Outlaw

Reaction score
My '01 formula had leather and t-tops, TA seats have adjustable side bolster, 3.23 gear A4 3.42 M6 across the board.

gnxs

Corn-Fed Goodness
Reaction score
im looking at buying a new toy and found a 02 formula close by for a nice price. what are the differences in the formula and the trans ams? is saving for a TA worth it?
IMO no it is not worth the extra coin. Then again I was never into all the body skirts, wings, etc. and liked the look of the Formula better. I also didn't mind not getting the leather seats. Just personal preference.

I owned a 2000 WS6 Formula before my Cobra.

gnxs

Corn-Fed Goodness
Reaction score
Fuck you. I looked for a real WS6 formula forever. Just made my own eventually lol.
Found it in TX (I lived in NJ at the time). They were pretty rare. 232 or so made that year if i remember correctly.

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Reaction score
it is a 02, t top, M6. 97K miles (65K on new motor and trans with receipts) stock besides wheels, hurst shifter, skip shift.

if the TA had 3.42 what do the formulas come with?

based on that info, what would a good price be? i think it's priced well but just want to see what you guys think it should be priced at.

gnxs

Corn-Fed Goodness
Reaction score
it is a 02, t top, M6. 97K miles (65K on new motor and trans with receipts) stock besides wheels, hurst shifter, skip shift.

if the TA had 3.42 what do the formulas come with?

based on that info, what would a good price be? i think it's priced well but just want to see what you guys think it should be priced at.
Same gear.

Been away from the car too long, not sure what they "should" be selling for these days.

Formula_LS1

Reaction score
I believe all M6 cars have 3.42's. Btw Formula>TA all day ;)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom