On Topic Former WTMX staffer sues ‘Eric in the Morning’ host Eric Ferguson, alleging radio star coerced sexual favors

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
That station's target demo is women. Ratings came out earlier this week, the Mix took a huge hit.

From Robert Feder;
The Hubbard Radio hot adult-contemporary station’s share of morning listeners dropped 22 percent since mid-September, falling from a tie for fifth to a tie for ninth. Among women between 25 and 54 — a key demo that long had been owned by Ferguson and his partners — The Mix lost more than 25 percent of its morning share, falling from fourth to seventh.
But my point above was, that radio, as a business, is a male dominated business.

OP
SpeedSpeak2me

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Not surprised in the least. That bad publicity lost listeners in droves.

But yeah, it's been like that for a long time, and a lot of women are now voicing their grievances. Problem is, in some cases it is years or decades too late to have a sufficient impact.

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
Also, Melissa has to be feeling the ultimate "fuck you" towards Eric as her morning show is tied for ratings with theirs (pre his leaving), in 9th (and 10th) place.

EmersonHart13

UNSUBSCRIBE
Donating Member
Reaction score
Ratings may come back now that he is gone and people won't feel like they are supporting him.

Ya never know. I really like Whip, he reminds me of Q101, so I hope he doesn't get fucked over.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
My wife said that she tried listening but it felt like they were all jockying for his spot and that it wasn't cohesively formatted but just a free for all. I think it's an interesting perspective since she's in the target demo.

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
The show became one of the most popular and fairly long running, successful morning shows in Chicago. Eric and Kathy get elected in to the radio HOF, and now everyone (other than Whip as he had been in Chicago radio for awhile with some big names/shows before E&K), associated with the show saw the gold mine before them.

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
And I should also exclude Swanny too. IIRC, he produced Johnny B's show for awhile. So he too has been around the Chicago block before E&K.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
Hell yeah they did, I would too if Eric was makin $1M a year back in the early 00s.

Gotta be fuckin bank there.

OP
SpeedSpeak2me

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Yeah, hopefully Swanny and Whip don't get dragged down with it, maybe into it as witnesses, but nothing that will hurt their career's unless of course they're guilty too :D

Johnny B, now there's a name and station (The Loop) I haven't thought of in a while. Back in the mid 90's I used to listen to it a lot, believe it or not for Danny Bonaduce. He had a pretty good showing going. Also listened to Steve and Garry on WCKG, but always preferred Garry.

It's pretty much public knowledge these days, about Danny Bonaduce's troubled past, but if you have some time, I implore you to download Gilbert Gottfried's Amazing Colossal Podcast with Danny as the guest. It's an older episode and I think Danny literally phoned it in from the west cost. But the fucking stories will make you cry down your legs. He has zero humility about the shit he did and will discuss it at length as a warning to others. It's a great listen.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom