On Topic Former WTMX staffer sues ‘Eric in the Morning’ host Eric Ferguson, alleging radio star coerced sexual favors

OP
SpeedSpeak2me

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
I used to listen once all the other morning talent from other stations has left, and I didn’t have satellite radio. Mostly listened for Melissa, she was/is cute, and she didn’t bitch about privileged problems, like issues with a million dollar home or their golf swing.

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
Don't know the exact amount, but I believe both he (and Hart) were over $1M annually.

Keep in mind, he's been #1 in this market for how long. They've been inducted in to the hall of fame, and their show has been copycatted in many other markets. So that doesn't seem unreasonable.

Yaj Yak

Commander
Donating Member
Reaction score
how much does a popular chicagoland radio host make?
i think his contract was pretty girthy because tom on 95.1 would always poke at it about how ridiculously huge it was

id say he was doing alright :rofl:

Yaj Yak

Commander
Donating Member
Reaction score
how much does a popular chicagoland radio host make?
id say he was doing alright :rofl:

fucker signed a 5 year $5 million dollar deal.... in 2001 :rofl:

Ferguson secured his WTMX gig in 1996 when he scored The Eric & Kathy Show with Kathy Hart. The broadcast put them on the map. They signed a multi-year ad campaign and in 2001 Ferguson signed a five-year contract renewal worth $5 million.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Reaction score
This Jackwagon wasn’t the first to crash due thinking with his Dick and won’t be the last.

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
My wife who is never wrong.....listens to them for years. She said Kathy left because she had a daughter in school and the hours didn't work out for any family time. She says Melissa left because she wanted equal pay bit wasn't a equal talent. Or vice versa. And this is all a money grab.

Yaj Yak

Commander
Donating Member
Reaction score
My wife who is never wrong.....listens to them for years. She said Kathy left because she had a daughter in school and the hours didn't work out for any family time. She says Melissa left because she wanted equal pay bit wasn't a equal talent. Or vice versa. And this is all a money grab.

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
wait, MY WIFE is never wrong too! She used to listen all the time to Eric and Kathy and after Melissa left, she swore off 101.9 in general. To the point she deleted the preset off her car radio. I used to listen to them back in the day, in the Eric and Kathy days but stopped about 10+ years ago when I discovered podcasts.

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
There was clearly money (contract) issues for Kathy. So that was money related. And at this time, she's kept silent about all this as things have come out, so who knows if she also has an issue in relation to the topic at hand.

For Melissa, it was a sudden departure one day, and then later that evening, she put a tearful podcast (or something) out and in it, she said "the truth will come out"

Fast forward a few months, Cynthia files a lawsuit claiming that she has performed oral on him under threat of her career being messed with at that station and/or future roles. Melissa has now more or less backed Cynthia, and now a 3rd person has also made a similar claim.

It's been no secret that Eric talked down to Melissa constantly, berating her on the air many times. Even I, as a listener thought that his comments were uncalled for (or questionable) knowing what Melissa looked like and what her personality was like. It was almost as if he was angry with her for whatever reason. You can fill in that blank. I also picked on the tension with Cynthia when he'd ask her something on the air or ask her to come in to the studio.

So it's more than money, even though if this will all be proven true, some payout will be rendered.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
I'd think if you were starting at 5-6AM you'd be out by noon-1 after meetings and the likes, just in time to pick your kid up from school and possibly a 1-2 hour snooze on top. At face value that doesn't hold water to me although you'd definitely need some one to bring your kid to school. Now then after other appearances, weekends and the likes I could see something like that. Then again if she was smart she may have just made her money and peaced out. It could also be she made enough money not to put up with his shit any more and had enough. The dude always struck me as a narcissist, my wife never noticed until I pointed it out to her. He seemed to talk down to everyone pretty much. Don't know the truth honestly, neither do we really. If he's just an asshole it's not a crime to be such. If he was doing the gropey gropey then yeah there's gonna be some issues possibly.

OP
SpeedSpeak2me

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Following allegations of sexual misconduct and abuse toward his female staff, Eric Ferguson, longtime morning host of The Mix on 101.9-FM, says he’s leaving the show for good.

“I feel that returning to the air at this time, in this environment, will be an unfair distraction to my colleagues, and the rest of the morning show members who work so hard,” Ferguson said in a statement published by Robert Feder of the Daily Herald.

Ferguson had been off the air throughout October after management suspended him following lawsuits from female colleagues who claimed he created an “unbearable” work environment.

“As a result, and after discussions with Hubbard leadership, we’ve decided it is best that I step away from the show. I’m energized to move forward and defend myself against claims made against me and the station, and look forward to seeing them through to their conclusion. I am confident that at the end of the day the courts will rule and the right outcome will prevail,” the statement said.

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
He's "energized" to now have to defend himself? That's hardly what I would call it anytime I have ever had to defend myself. More like pissed off that I'm being put in that position to begin with.

But hey, "energized" looks good in the media rags...

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
yes, just saying that the choice of words aren't what I would use.

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
I mean, it's been a male dominated culture since the inception of radio. WTF were you expecting?

I'm not advocating that it's right, but this has been a "good ole boys club" since, forever.

OP
SpeedSpeak2me

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Having listened to that station for a while it seemed a majority of the listeners, or callers, were women. I suspect that show would have carried on just fine without him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom