Ford's 4v C-Heads extreme discussion! (lots of questions)

GoldPanther

Ford Love
Donating Member
Reaction score
I have read and info myself about the C-heads, but I would like to know even further stuff like for example under what set up they are good for.

First thing I will like to know is what's the difference between 99-01 cobra C-heads and 99 continental C-heads? Since they a both used on same engine there must be a difference.

Also I've read everywhere that 99 continental's heads will make a good set of heads to be used but, what about 2000 thru 2002 continental's??? Why the articles that I've read about they don't mention them.

I found a 2000 continental at a local junk yard and I need to know they are ok to be used.

I know that there's a lot knowledgeable people here with experience on this campus, I'd love to learn more about this. Thanks in advance

GoldPanther

Ford Love
Donating Member
Reaction score
any one?
a little bit of orientation please!

well I hope that this car is still in the Junk yard until the week.

GoldPanther

Ford Love
Donating Member
Reaction score
FYI

The heads are the exact same along with valves and everything. The only difference between them are the INTAKE camshafts, I don't know what's the difference on the camshaft but Im just guessing that they are either slightly more aggressive or that they are just heat threated.

I'm surprised none gave an answer to this, there are too many mod guys here. Or maybe they were just lazy to respond lol.

So the car is not there anymore but if I find another one I will absolutely get those heads.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Reaction score
C-Heads need nothing but a valve job until you are north of 700rwhp.

Get mustang heads. Ive never heard of anyone using continental heads.....ever.

GoldPanther

Ford Love
Donating Member
Reaction score
Zack I admire your knowledge and I have a question for you, I hope you see this.

Even if I get mustang's C-Heads and I put them on my modular PI block, why some people say that the swap is almost not worth to do it? Supposedly PI engines make more power than none PIs. I know there's a minimum difference in the pistons. But if that's true then it should be the same thing having a non PI and a PI engine.

Also I know that some mustangs have B heads. Until what year?

serb82

Reaction score
B head until 98, 99-04 c heads on 4 valve for mustangs, pi stands for performance improved cylinder heads, blocks and internals almost identical. If you not bossting crazy or high hp number, pi 2 valve heads good to 500 whp.

GoldPanther

Ford Love
Donating Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about just boosting my 2v engine but I want more than that.
I'm pretty sure that I want to go for c heads. But before I do that I need to know what's the deal with the pistons. Do engines that have none PI heads have flatter pistons that engines with PI heads? If my theory is true then I will probably end up changing those pistons. And if I end up changing piston then I may as well rebuild the whole block. If I teardown the whole engine the may and up pitting a strocker on it.

Averything sound time consuming so I'm thinking to get a mark VIII teksid block and start with it. As far as I know that the best and cheapest block anyone can get.

Any information on all this will be very appreciated. Please help this noob! Lol

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Reaction score
If you want power on a 2V, you need boost.
Don't go doing a 4V swap to gain 25-30rwhp.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Reaction score
Not to mention, 2V heads are 42cc.
4V heads are 52cc.

So your compression will go from mid 9's to low 8's.

NO

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
[MENTION=4846]Zack[/MENTION] is the [MENTION=53]Turbocharged400sbc[/MENTION] of this shit but clearer and probably cleaner.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom