Ford X-plan, price advantage?

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
I thought I would create a thread about this. I am now in the market for a second vehicle because my wife was in an accident and the old minivan is going to the glue factory. Our friend works at the Ford Plant and offered us the the employee X plan. He will be getting us to sign up info but I am curious if the pricing is that significant? When I worked at a Dodge dealer, the employee discount was about $950 after all rebates. Anybody hear use the Ford X-plan? Curious to find the out the savings compared to stressful haggling.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I don’t know about Ford’s plan but I just used our work’s supplier program with Volkswagen that was $500 below invoice. All of the cash on the hood was way under invoice so they just took $500 off the price it was listed with all of the current cash rebates.

Reactions: GLADIATOR

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
If you really are eligible for X plan pricing you can price out your cars through this link....

It basically puts you at the dealer invoice price, but you still get all rebates and PCO's deducted from that price, so you can end up significantly under dealer invoice. I use X-plan for our purchases.

Reactions: GLADIATOR

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Yes, but they REQUIRE a PIN. There's no "hey my Uncle Mike works at the Explorer plant, lemme get that x-plan". They're gonna ask for the PIN

I know that a pin is needed to get the pricing. When my co workers look for cars out of Michigan and let the dealer know of a letter plan no matter the manufacturer line other states don’t alsways recognize the plans because they lose so much money on the car.

in the Detroit area dealers using the plans have a set amount of gross/money per car over the monthly target numbers of units sold.

Isnt invoice price better than any plan price anyway?

No. X plan is about .2-.4% under invoice and a plan is about 3% under. A plan used to be 6% under and have awesome extra incentives tied just to the a plan. The dealer gets an a plan commission direct from ford. A plan is definitely not worth it anymore.

The plans are dealer voluntary and they do not have to honor them on any vehicle in stock, or ordered. And most of the enthusiast vehicles have a plan block on them.....because why would ford want their employees to buy their vehicles and be ambassadors for the brand.....and enthusiasts would likely be the best ambassadors showcasing fords best offerings. But, ok.

If you are interested in a ford have the dealer run what they call a Vincent....and have them show you the printout. That will show any and all available incentives for that vin and zip code and to whom they go to.

Reactions: FirstWorldProblems
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info