Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Fresh

Atomicles

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2008
Schaumburg
Miles & Shelby would have been a more accurate title for this movie. The movie was more a telling of their stories than the rivalry between the two car companies. It felt like they glossed over a lot of stuff when it came to the GT40 build. It could have used more racing. Not a terrible movie, but much less than what I was hoping for. ❤❤???

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Miles & Shelby would have been a more accurate title for this movie. The movie was more a telling of their stories than the rivalry between the two car companies. It felt like they glossed over a lot of stuff when it came to the GT40 build. It could have used more racing. Not a terrible movie, but much less than what I was hoping for. [emoji173][emoji173][emoji1665][emoji1665][emoji1665]
No spoilers!! I don't want to know who won the race before I see the movie!!

Angela@KRWINS

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Jan 15, 2016
McHenry, IL
IMG_8341.JPG

This was from 2010 Shelby America in Vegas. It is the Ford GT prototype the Carol Shelby designed and built. You see the bump on the drivers side roof? Well Ken Miles was a very tall man and he crooked his neck to fit in the GT40. The bump in the roof of the prototype is a tribute to Ken Miles.

IMG_8340.JPG

The second is Shelby’s “unrestored” original cobra.

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Wife and I both enjoyed it thoroughly. Bale is obviously awesome. I wasn't quite convinced of Damon as Shelby, but he made it work well. I mean, I know there's time constraints, but I didn't like how they left out key parts of the genesis of the GT40 and the car that was pitched before the GT40...

And yeah, this was definitely the Shelby and Miles story...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info