Ford to Invest $1 Billion, Hire 500 at Chicago Factories

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...nvest-1-billion-hire-500-at-chicago-factories

ord to Invest $1 Billion, Hire 500 at Chicago Factories

Ford Motor Co. plans to invest $1 billion and add 500 jobs at its plants in Chicago as the automaker launches three new SUVs.

CHICAGO (AP) — FORD Motor Co. plans to invest $1 billion and add 500 jobs at its plants in Chicago as the automaker launches three new SUVs.

Ford announced at the Chicago Auto Show on Thursday that they will expand capacity to produce a new Ford Explorer, new Police Interceptor Utility and new Lincoln Aviator. Work will be finished this spring. The new jobs at the two Chicago facilities will bring employment at both to about 5,800.

The Chicago plant will stop making the one-time top-selling Taurus sedan as it meets rising demand for SUVs. The Chicago factory is Ford's longest continually operating vehicle assembly plant. It started producing the Model T in 1924.

The Aviator is due in showrooms this summer and the Interceptor is the top-selling police vehicle in the country.

Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

:ford:

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
Honestly, I'd say pass on an SHO...Look at a Fusion Sport or MKZ 3.0T...you'll end up having just as much interior room and a much better chassis. If you wanted to stay in the Ford lineup

Whats the HP difference between the SHO and Fusion sport, both are twin turbo? Eco boost?

Also. What’s that smaller suv with the eco boost?

Just looking to upgrade a daily driver.

01Cobra

Johnny Cobra
May 3, 2006
Whats the HP difference between the SHO and Fusion sport, both are twin turbo? Eco boost?

Fusion 325
SHO 365 I believe

Tuned with an intercooler the fusion sports run mid to high 12’s. Stock mid to high 13s.

Edge sport now the edge st is the smaller suv. The sports tuned run mid 13s. Stock 13.9-low 14s

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
Fusion 325
SHO 365 I believe

Tuned with an intercooler the fusion sports run mid to high 12’s. Stock mid to high 13s.

Edge sport now the edge st is the smaller suv. The sports tuned run mid 13s. Stock 13.9-low 14s

So that Fusion is a lot lighter than the Taurus?

I like them both. But. I’d feel more like a bad ass Baller in a Taurus SHO

Kinda like a Cop. LOL.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017

Fusion 325
SHO 365 I believe

Basically what he said

SHO's can run mid-13's stock, but that's more factory freak territory. High 13's is more realistic. My Flex has done a 14.1, which is basically the same as the SHO with three row seats, and 500 hundred or so more pounds.

The SHO is the Gen 1 3.5 EcoBoost, whereas the Fusion is a 2.7 Ecoboost. Different architecture...the 2.7 is more similar to the Gen 2 EcoBoosts, just without the dual fueling (direct injection only.) A tune really does wake up the EcoBoosts...Ford tuned a ton of torque management into 1st and 2nd gear in later year EcoBoosts. You're also saving 250 pounds with the Fusion...

SRT41320

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 11, 2007
Lake in the Hills - IL
That being said, if I had my choice, I'd spend the extra few thousand on a MKZ 3.0T...basically the Fusion Sport, but with a 400 HP 3.0 EcoBoost, and much nicer interior. Tuned MKZ mid-low 12's all day.

I've had both as rentals and the Lincoln 3.0T AWD is amazing! I'm currently looking at possibly getting one for a daily.

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005

aac41cc78e021e8cfb46cc64024b4328.jpg

Unitsn4

Regular
Mar 30, 2015
I absolutely hated my wifes edge v6. It felt like driving my dining room table and chair with a gigantic windshield and dash in front of you.

Seating position was never quite right.

I feel this way with the Explorer as well...both with our current 17 Sport and the old Limited 2013 we had. I've been in countless Interceptors over the years. Same thing. Can't get it quite right.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I have a nice big screen in my 18 Camaro SS. It has Apple play too. Do any Fords offer Apple play. It’s awesome with iTunes.

Just about any 2017 with Sync 3 will support CarPlay.

2016's with Sync3 usually require an upgraded USB port which you can install yourself for about $50.

To be honest though? I really don't care for CarPlay much. About the only thing I'll use it for is Google Maps when someone gives me a GoogleMap route to follow. For everything else I just use the Sync3 map app and have CarPlay turned off.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info