Ford Tech with IDS access out there?

Primalzer

Reaction score
Anybody a Ford tech or access to IDS out there that would want to do me a solid or trade for a case of beer or something? I have an '08 CVPI that has "dark mode" enabled (no interior lights come on when the door is ajar) and apparently its a quick trip into the IDS to select "dark mode" off.

Ti28

Cupcake
Reaction score
I have a top of the line Matco scanner that could/more than likely do it.

EmersonHart13

Member Selfie
Donating Member
Reaction score
Starting in the 2006 model year, the dark car option is enabled/disabled using the ford ids laptop and vcm to connect to your vehicle and electronically alter the module preferences inside the lcm. Unfortunetly, for most crown vic owners this will mean a trip to your local ford dealer's service department. However, if you are a large volume shop, regularly want to be able to toggle the dark car feature, and can justify spending a few thousand dollars, you can purchase a vcm and the ids software subscription from www.motorcraftservice.com. For some screenshots of a 2008 ford crown victoria police interceptor having the domelights enabled with the ford ids scantool, click here.
Ford IDS - 2008 Ford Crown Victoria P71 Police Interceptor

Primalzer

Reaction score
[MENTION=10801]Ti28[/MENTION] with that explanation, do you still think you could do it?

Ti28

Cupcake
Reaction score
I would say 99% sure I could do it. I have access to alot of shit with this scanner. It's pretty much like a OE tool. I know I can fuck with alot of shit on a GM.

Where do you live?

Primalzer

Reaction score
Palatine, but I'm all over the place on the weekends. Usually down in the Warrenville, Oswego, Aurora areas. Plus down in the city quite a bit as well.

Ti28

Cupcake
Reaction score
Wouldn't hurt for you to swing by and we can check it out.

Primalzer

Reaction score
For sure, I'll shoot you a PM the next time I'm gonna be down there

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom