• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

ford recalls ONE MILLION vehicles

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Wait wait...so undersides of trucks and cars in the midwest rust after a few years??

saysomethinginteresting.jpg

No not a few years......months. Dealers were warranting frame rust. They would have it blasted off(third party), then coated to protect the frame long term. If you didnt get that done, 2-3 years into ownership the frames would be falling apart like the Tacomas used to. I have a friend that was a tech at a hummer dealer in their heyday, and it was comical he said. Plus all the black coated pumpers, accessories and tow hooks would be flaking and rusting before the trucks even left the lots new. You dont say huh? :roflpicard::roflpicard:

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
I went off of this

I still see newish ram trucks with rusty bumpers and paint flaking off their tailgates. Im talking trucks with the new body styles. They are almost as bad as the rotting H2 hummers out there.

H2 hasn't been made in 5 years

sorry for not reading your mind or giving enough fucks to do my own google search :rofl:

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
I wonder what part Ford is recalling. I've done a good handful of steering columns (w/ electric assist motor mounted to it) on these cars because of power steering loss. Most that I see fail right around 50k miles, too. Sometimes the angle sensor fixes it, but most of the time it needs the complete column.
I wonder if Ford is going to reimburse past repairs. A column replacement is $1500 with pcm reprogramming.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
So you're telling me these jack-bags die because they loose power steering? Unreal!

Well, to make a point. A failed electric rack is not like losing the power assist on a hydraulic setup.

With a hydraulic rack you simply lose the assist. The wheel gets heavy and if you are moving you can still steer the vehicle.

However, with electrically assisted setups when that unit fails, its usually due to overheating, and it seizes. To the point that a grown man hanging all his weight on the wheel won't move it more than an inch. That is a serious problem.

Ti28

Cupcake
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2013
Bartlett
However, with electrically assisted setups when that unit fails, its usually due to overheating, and it seizes. To the point that a grown man hanging all his weight on the wheel won't move it more than an inch. That is a serious problem.

Really?

Who the fuck is the idiot who came up with this idea? If that's the case, that's not assisted, that's driven.

I'll stick with my old clunky power steering.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info