Ford preventing EV lease holders from buying the leased cars

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
So, stupid question does that mean that Ford's batteries are that crappy? I mean a lease is typically what 36K miles?

Leases were always kind of dumb overall and this likely makes it worse for almost all cases except some fleets. The leases had better be insane term wise otherwise fuck that. Then again buying a car now is so insane maybe that's why they're going to try and push leases.

I wonder if it will stick around if the market corrects and you're actually seeing depreciation on cars. Also, I wonder if they'll get stuck with a check if the market crashes and if they get a bail out at taxpayer expense if it goes south. I think we all got fucked on GM and Chrysler in 08 and wouldn't be surprised if it happened again.

I also wonder if they'll hit anti trust too.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
Tesla started in May 2022 with No more buying out the lease, turn in and get another one.

But it is Smart on the manufactures side, makes you get the newest model every 2-3 years. Question is what are the manufactures going to do with the returned lease cars?
As said, I'm betting this holds out so long as the used market does.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info