đź“° Auto News Ford officially announces dual clutch PowerShift gearbox for 2010

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
getrag-dct.jpg

The dual clutch gearbox installed in the Lincoln Concept C and Volvo S60 Concept that debuted at the Detroit Auto Show is now officially coming to Ford's lineup. The Getrag-supplied PowerShift gearbox was hinted at on the Fiesta micro-site that Ford recently launched and will be available in the new sub-compact when it launches at the end of the year. Like the DSG units used in a number of Volkswagens, the PowerShift allows full automatic control or clutchless manual shifting. Ford's first PowerShift is already available in the current European Focus with a 2.0L diesel engine. That unit is a wet-clutch system like most of the current VW DSG boxes. The new unit set to debut in the Fiesta is a dry-clutch system that's both lighter and more efficient. The 6-speed PowerShift weighs 30 lbs less than the 4-speed automatic currently offered in the U.S.-market Focus and should deliver 9-percent better fuel economy.

400px-Logo-autoblog-com.gif

JayWild

WildChevy
Aug 14, 2008
SE Wisconsin
Real Name
Jeremy M.
I never imagined this coming out of my mouth, but I am excited for the Ford Fiesta! :roflwtf:

Interesting note about the Fiesta: formerly a Kia Pride that was introduced to the U.S./North American market under the Ford badge as the Ford Fiesta. The Kia Pride was actually a bit more popular in Europe and Korea, especially Germany and actually was (and still used by amateur drivers) as a cheap off-road and road rally car.

:p

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Mook
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list