Ford Mustang Mach E

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
This will also take advantage of the $7500 dollar tax credit as well. Just an fyi for those who continue to shit on Tesla and GM and others who have taken advantage of that.

It’s not a bad thing. If it helps it sell good. Not everyone is sold on electric cars and they are not for everyone right now.

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
Not a bad first stab at things but I would say this is their chevy Bolt equivalent as far as sales goes. Lots of hype and it will flop.

Also as someone said earlier hideous rear end, and it was stupid to call it the mustang. It’s like porsche calling the electric fast version the “turbo”
Guess mine will be worth more than a Termi many years down the line if it flops :angrys00ls: Maybe ill just store it in a bubble. ;)

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
I didn’t mean that as a stab... it’s just these cars take a while to catch on. Hell Tesla took years to catch on and many times nearly went under. The Volt was a great car but never really sold well, the leaf..... well yea enough said. The bolt same thing it’s an ok car and a great cheap equivalent but again never really sold or took off.

I am just not convinced this will take off and sell. The price is ok but it’s still Tesla 3 money for sure, long range 3 money that is. The Audi is high level S money and the Porsche is just plain stupid. (Cost wise)

Reactions: bimmer4life

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
For something to really take off it’s going to take another great idea or crazy product. (This includes tesla)

Something like 500 miles of range for 60 grand or under.... maybe actual battery swapping, or a 300 mile range car for $20,000.

Something along those lines or better. That’s where another car maker will actually start to compete, and really get EVs to take off.

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
This will also take advantage of the $7500 dollar tax credit as well. Just an fyi for those who continue to shit on Tesla and GM and others who have taken advantage of that.

It’s not a bad thing. If it helps it sell good. Not everyone is sold on electric cars and they are not for everyone right now.

True, but, that is if everyone qualifies for the full $7,500. However, this is comparing apples to potatoes. Tesla has had subsidies for much longer and in much greater volume and was the primary reason they are still around. Not to mention, before the Model 3, pretty much anyone that could afford the Model S was able to get the full $7,500 back. The same cannot really be said for the Model 3 and now the Mach-E since they are half the price of a Model S.

Tesla's entire model is based around electricity. The big 3 are not. That is a major difference when comparing them.

Tesla is, and as far as I am concerned, will probably always be a wealthy person car brand. Even with the model 3, that thing still gets over 60K if you want everything, which most people do. Not affordable by the masses, which is the same issue with the Mach-E.

I like it and wouldn't mind it for my wife. Also don't give a shit that its called a Mustang. It's not like Ford is replacing the 2dr Mustang with this suv...
It is a nice SUV for sure, and it would be a huge mistake if Ford did replace the Mustang with this. I highly doubt that will ever happen.

Guess mine will be worth more than a Termi many years down the line if it flops :angrys00ls: Maybe ill just store it in a bubble. ;)

I am with you there! Want to go halvsies on buying a few of them and storing them for 10+ years before we cash out? :D

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
Thought:

"Elon, since we cannot think of a catchy name for our cars, let's just use letters for our cars. No one has done it before (Except for BMW, Mercedes, Infiniti, etc) and we will say everything about our company is revolutionary"

Elon: Amazing idea. As long as we get more handouts, subsidies, we can corner the market in EV's. Cannot wait to get this posted on social media!

Man you’re obsessed with subsidies! You know what the biggest subsidy in the US is? Petroleum. Why do you think a gallon of fuel is 5x more expensive in Europe compared to the us?

Reactions: dpwalsh14

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Man you’re obsessed with subsidies! You know what the biggest subsidy in the US is? Petroleum. Why do you think a gallon of fuel is 5x more expensive in Europe compared to the us?

I think some of the pricing has to do with production. America is the #1 producer of oil worldwide. The EU doesn't produce a vast quantity.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Lol

Screenshot_20191121-053008.png

Screenshot_20191121-053030.png

• Haha
Reactions: Pewter-Camaro

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
LOS ANGELES – Ford Motor took inspiration from the all-electric Chevrolet Bolt, Nissan Leaf and Ford Focus when developing the 2021 Mustang Mach-E, which made its global debut earlier this week.

But engineers and designers weren't told to benchmark the vehicles.

Instead, the vehicles were examples of what not to do for Ford's first all-new EV under an $11 billion plan to develop 40 new all-electric and hybrid models by 2022, according to officials. Ford viewed the cars as "compliance vehicles" that were produced to meet government regulations, not inspire passion for consumers to consider an EV.

"We gave them a mission: not just to make an electric car but to make a great electric car," said Ford Executive Chairman Bill Ford during the Mach-E's unveiling Sunday. "But I got to admit, when they came to me and said they can make an electric Mustang, I was pretty skeptical … You don't mess with an icon."

The idea of a Mustang SUV would have been sacrilegious years ago, but the company eventually felt the vehicle was worthy of wearing the iconic pony badge. It also was a way for the SUV to stand out in an increasingly crowded field of EVs, including Tesla's highly-anticipated Model Y.

106251064-gettyimages-1183187397.600x400.jpg

"Winning will not be driven by compliance," said Ted Cannis, Ford global director of electrification, during a media briefing. "If you're just a compliance (EV), you're going to get killed."

Before the decision to make it a Mustang, Ford was benchmarking the vehicle as a "compliance" EV, according to company officials. But that changed after Ford CEO Jim Hackett took over the automaker in May 2017 and tapped Jim Farley as president of global markets, which included the company's EV plans.

'Mustang-inspired'
That change in direction included scrapping the compliance EV, which was initially a redesigned Focus sedan EV that had been turned into a crossover, according to officials and design renderings shared by the automaker. In June 2017, it was decided the vehicle would be "Mustang-inspired," a direction put in motion by Farley.

"We thought if you want to modernize Ford, what's a better product to start with than Mustang? We said, 'Let's try to create an electric Mustang,' " Farley said during the vehicle's unveiling Sunday outside of Los Angeles.

Modernizing the company meant benchmarking and competing against EV-leader Tesla instead of the company's traditional competitors. Auto research firm Edmunds reports Tesla represented roughly 80% of all EVs sold in the U.S last year and through the first nine months of 2019. That's despite a flurry of new or redesigned EVs, many viewed as compliance models, entering the market.

Prior to deciding to make the vehicle Mustang-inspired, Ford was working on a compliance EV crossover.

Ford
Prior to deciding to make the vehicle "Mustang-inspired," Ford was working on a compliance EV crossover.

Scrapping a project after years of development is always hard but connecting the vehicle to Mustang – the first time the iconic name has been used on anything but a two-door pony car – added a new layer of pressure, according to Ford executives.

"This thing had to be a hero," said Jason Castriota, Ford brand director for battery-electric vehicles. "We didn't want it to be eaten up."

The Tesla Model Y and Ford Mach-E are expected to feature similar pricing, performance specification and EV range when they arrive in the second half of 2020.

Is it a Mustang?
Once the direction of "Mustang-inspired" was set in motion, the team was given wide-ranging control of the product and set up operations away from Ford's global headquarters in Dearborn, Mich. to a small building in a historic Detroit neighborhood.
The small team was codenamed Team Edison. The team worked quickly and was given months, sometimes weeks, instead of years during different parts of the vehicle's creation.

As the team built the vehicle, it wasn't just about making the vehicle look like a Mustang. The vehicle had to feel like one or Bill Ford, a Mustang enthusiast, would not sign off on it. He said he gave the nod to call the vehicle a Mustang after driving it.

"When I drove it, I knew it had to be a Mustang," Ford told reporters after the unveiling. "But frankly, I was getting there before because I believed the team when they were laying all the specs out."

Ford CEO James Hackett (3rd R) and team members reveal the company's first mass-market electric car the Mustang Mach-E, which is an all-electric vehicle that bears the name of the companys iconic muscle car at a ceremony in Hawthorne, California on November 17, 2019.

Mark Ralston | AFP | Getty Images
Ford CEO James Hackett (3rd R) and team members reveal the company's first mass-market electric car the Mustang Mach-E, which is an all-electric vehicle that bears the name of the companys iconic muscle car at a ceremony in Hawthorne, California on November 17, 2019.

Top performance models of the Mustang Mach-E will achieve 0 to 60 mph in the mid-3-second range with an estimated 459 horsepower and 612 lb.-ft. of torque. That makes it faster off the line than a Porsche Macan Turbo and comparable to a Porsche 911 GTS. Other models are expected to have 0 to 60 mph times around six seconds.
Aside from its badging and performance, the Mach-E includes Mustang design aspects such as a long hood, rear haunch, aggressive headlights and trademark tri-bar taillamps. The grille of the vehicle also is cut out to resemble the pony car.

The vehicle, according to Ford, a known environmentalist, is a dream come true. He compared the importance of the Mach-E to his great-grandfather's Model T, a vehicle that brought affordable transportation to the middle-class.

"This is a Mustang for a new generation, but I also think longtime mustang fans like me will love it as well," Ford said. "What I'm most excited about is the lasting impact and what this means for the future of Ford Motor Co."

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info