Ford Mustang Mach E

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
It uses J1772 dc coupled fast charge like 90% of all non tesla cars. It is absolutely a standard charging solution

I don't know why all manufacturers don't standardize. It would be like having special nozzle openings for ICE cars so that you have to go to specific stations to fill.

That would increase the adaptation of EV vehicles here and worldwide. Telsa could then make a killing off monetizing their Superchargers to non-Tesla EV's.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
I don't know why all manufacturers don't standardize. It would be like having special nozzle openings for ICE cars so that you have to go to specific stations to fill.

That would increase the adaptation of EV vehicles here and worldwide. Telsa could then make a killing off monetizing their Superchargers to non-Tesla EV's.

they offered the technology and nobody took them up on it.
There’s really only 2 different plugs and then the tesla. The j1772 standard is by far the most common. And tesla having a different plug is genius of them since nobody else can use their charging stations, but they can use all the other stations. It’s more like if an ICE car could fill up at any pump, plus these private pumps just for their brand car.

P40E

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2012
Woot. Blueoval4life making a comeback in 2020!

JU4nVmZ.png

Those look like SHO wheels .

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Not a bad first stab at things but I would say this is their chevy Bolt equivalent as far as sales goes. Lots of hype and it will flop.

Also as someone said earlier hideous rear end, and it was stupid to call it the mustang. It’s like porsche calling the electric fast version the “turbo”

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Thought.... except for the name lol.

“What should we call this SUV that’s brand new.... it’s something we have never done before we should name it something revolutionary!”

*executive leadership..... “how about call it a Mustang!” “Ooo that’s a good idea great work here is a promotion”

*face palm

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
Thought:

"Elon, since we cannot think of a catchy name for our cars, let's just use letters for our cars. No one has done it before (Except for BMW, Mercedes, Infiniti, etc) and we will say everything about our company is revolutionary"

Elon: Amazing idea. As long as we get more handouts, subsidies, we can corner the market in EV's. Cannot wait to get this posted on social media!

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Not a bad first stab at things but I would say this is their chevy Bolt equivalent as far as sales goes. Lots of hype and it will flop.

Also as someone said earlier hideous rear end, and it was stupid to call it the mustang. It’s like porsche calling the electric fast version the “turbo”

I laugh at the Tesla guys getting all butt hurt by the competition. It's also ironic that Tesla guys are pointing to styling downfalls, when Tesla's whole brand design identity is severly lacking.

The car hasn't come out yet. Its range seems competitive in the marketplace. Frankly, the only differentiator that Tesla has is the charging infastructure, but Ford came out last month and said they are working on the largest charging network in the US, so who knows how long that will last.

Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
I laugh at the Tesla guys getting all butt hurt by the competition. It's also ironic that Tesla guys are pointing to styling downfalls, when Tesla's whole brand design identity is severly lacking.

The car hasn't come out yet. Its range seems competitive in the marketplace. Frankly, the only differentiator that Tesla has is the charging infastructure, but Ford came out last month and said they are working on the largest charging network in the US, so who knows how long that will last.

I’m not butt hurt at all. It’s about time other car manufacturers have started to bring electric cars out. Will I buy one? Hell no.

It’s just stupid that this is called a Mustang when it’s been a car it’s entire life and a pretty iconic one at that. I don’t get how ford thought this was a good name for it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info