Drag to reposition cover

Ford Ford Mustang Mach E

MikeyLikesIt

2019 F150 Platinum
Reaction score
I just went to Ford.com and I was looking and no model comes with standard or optional cooled seats? If that's true Ford missed this one and it would have set it apart from Tesla.

Bru

Donating Member
Reaction score
I am not sure I agree with that. You can't come up with a new name and a marketing campaign to generate excitement around the vehicle?
Today's EVs are selling to people who want performance and style; the frugal EV runabout didn't work. And if you're Ford, what's more recognizable and exciting than Mustang?

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
I wasnt a fan of them using the Mustang name and logo for it either, but am a fan of the vehicle for sure.

greasy

2021 Player Hater Nominee
Donating Member
Reaction score
Today's EVs are selling to people who want performance and style; the frugal EV runabout didn't work. And if you're Ford, what's more recognizable and exciting than Mustang?
It is not impossible to develop a new product centered around performance & style, companies do it all of the time without recycling a name over and over and over. Maybe that is why Ford is not doing that great for the most part, lack of creative thinking and reinventing themselves.

1614967937858.png

Bru

Donating Member
Reaction score
It is not impossible to develop a new product centered around performance & style, companies do it all of the time without recycling a name over and over and over. Maybe that is why Ford is not doing that great for the most part, lack of creative thinking and reinventing themselves.

View attachment 82772
Impossible, no. But also not inexpensive. Considering their situation, I don't see why they would spend all that money on marketing a new sub-brand and boosting recognition when they have such gold in-house.

Either way, the Mach-E is seeing early success. The Mach-E alone is responsible for cutting Tesla's EV share like no other EV has, and most owners aren't previous Ford owners.

greasy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Impossible, no. But also not inexpensive. Considering their situation, I don't see why they would spend all that money on marketing a new sub-brand and boosting recognition when they have such gold in-house.

Either way, the Mach-E is seeing early success. The Mach-E alone is responsible for cutting Tesla's EV share like no other EV has, and most owners aren't previous Ford owners.
I wouldn't say it is taking share unless Tesla vehicle owners are turning in their Teslas for the Mustang EV's. What I am reading is that the EV rebates on Tesla have now hit their 200K marker which ultimately kills the rebate offer for Tesla (sounds like it might be coming back though), but are available for this Ford therefore it makes the Mustang EV much more palatable level for consumers (people that really haven't entered into the EV market) to enter from other brands where they haven't before.

I think using the Mustang is a cheap way for Ford to make a splash, but not necessarily the right approach. It is not a decision that is a long term play and they are watering down what a Mustang is unnecessarily. Their only option isn't reusing a name from another model, but a new name. And yes while creating a new ad campaign may be expensive, it is what drives the success in product launches. Smart companies see that as an investment in their brand and the product which drives profitability in the long run.

98GrandPrixIraqVet

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score

Teslas threatened by Lucid Motors, Lordstrom, Nikola, Nio ect.

They have been and will continue to eat big 3s lunch.

Stellantis is a covert bailout for Chrysler too if they even save the brand at all.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
Seriously have zero care that it is called a Mustang. Does it take away any form my Mustang? Nope! Not sure why this is even a big deal at all.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
Not a big deal, just a poor business decision.
Is it though? Is anybody going to not buy a gas powered Mustang car because they named an electric SUV a Mustang as well? And on the other side, is anyone not going to buy the Mach-E because it has the name Mustang? I very strongly think no to both those questions. Bottom line is that if they make something desirable, people are going to buy it no matter wtf its called.

I personally like them, and after we are done with our minivan stage, we're pretty dead set on an EV suv. Right now, it'd be between a Tesla Y and the Mach-E for me.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
I am not sure I agree with that. You can't come up with a new name and a marketing campaign to generate excitement around the vehicle?
Woah woah, no need to throw stones here. Ford is a lot better than Dodge who simply throws a Hellcat motor in everything, even though the chassis underneath is decades old and has interiors that could have been designed by my son’s second grade art class!!!

greasy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Is it though? Is anybody going to not buy a gas powered Mustang car because they named an electric SUV a Mustang as well? And on the other side, is anyone not going to buy the Mach-E because it has the name Mustang? I very strongly think no to both those questions. Bottom line is that if they make something desirable, people are going to buy it no matter wtf its called.

I personally like them, and after we are done with our minivan stage, we're pretty dead set on an EV suv. Right now, it'd be between a Tesla Y and the Mach-E for me.
I think if you are putting to a new product into the market you do it with a different name. I know average Jeff schmo will purchase a Ford Mustang Mach Bullit Boss GT5EEEEEEE California Edition, but it waters down the name and honestly the brand. Why not name everything in their line up a Mustang if it is so golden? Ford needs to differentiate their own product line. That is not to say they can't come up with an electric version of the Mustang in some type of sports car form, true to the design of current model year but with a different power plant. That makes sense. But to create some shitty ass design of a SUV with styling cues from the Mustang is awful, it looks shitty. I wouldn't purchase it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom