Drag to reposition cover

Ford Ford Mustang Mach E

Bru

Staff member
Donating Member
Reaction score
I’ll be driving one for the next couple of days. My experience fast charging so far has mirrored some others - including our first experience last year - where I’m only pulling 75 or so kW of the advertised 150 capability at EA stations. And that’s with the battery more than 50-percent depleted. With Teslas, Supercharging has always just worked, and at mostly high speeds, with the exception of being on the same charger as someone else or the normal slowdown while approaching fuller capacity. This is not unique to the Mustang. It seems hard to pull big speeds on most other CCS cars too - ID.4 a recent example. I’d like to try a non-EA charger and see if there’s a difference. There’s a Harley dealer nearby with CCS.

Bru

Staff member
Donating Member
Reaction score
I’ve had no communication issues with charge stations so far, however. But my sample size is limited.

lastls1

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
I mean that handshake time is ridiculous though. 40 seconds to a minute just to authorize and start to charge?

Shit the charge points from 6 years ago were not that slow. That’s just not acceptable.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
This seems like a pretty easy fix from a software perspective and frankly will be a non issue if the Biden infrastructure bill passes (probably will). In the bill is massive funding to build out charging infrastructure for EV’s. Right now, I see Tesla’s biggest advantage is their Supercharger network and effectively this legislation will chip away at that.

lastls1

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
Shouldn’t have been an issue from the start. It just means they did minimal testing on the vehicle.

Software update yes.... but that update should be out already. Like I’ve said before these companies move way to slow. I don’t even know if there is a tentative fix date for this bug. That’s not good

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
Shouldn’t have been an issue from the start. It just means they did minimal testing on the vehicle.

Software update yes.... but that update should be out already. Like I’ve said before these companies move way to slow. I don’t even know if there is a tentative fix date for this bug. That’s not good
Come on, like Tesla doesn’t have bugs and didn’t experience growing pains. The fanboyism amongst Tesla owners is worse than Apple.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Reaction score

1617987670330.gif

lastls1

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
Come on, like Tesla doesn’t have bugs and didn’t experience growing pains. The fanboyism amongst Tesla owners is worse than Apple.
Not saying that. Big difference is Tesla fixes large software issues like this in a matter of days. Ford will take months if not longer. Like I said I have not seen anything to show they are addressing this anytime soon.

lastls1

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
This is a bug that should never have happened. This is something that if they tested this out instead of just making wild charging claims they would have found instantly.

This vehicle was rushed plain and simple like most other EVs instead of vetting these basic issues out.

It shouldn’t take a YouTuber to find out “hey your vehicle doesn’t really charge fast Ford” that’s just embarrassing

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Reaction score
Not saying that. Big difference is Tesla fixes large software issues like this in a matter of days. Ford will take months if not longer. Like I said I have not seen anything to show they are addressing this anytime soon.
There are those who masterbate to hot female co-workers, celebrities or even that Mom with a small child/new born at the doctor’s off...Creepers thread.

Then there are those who masterbate to Elon.

lastls1

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
There are those who masterbate to hot female co-workers, celebrities or even that Mom with a small child/new born at the doctor’s off...Creepers thread.

Then there are those who masterbate to Elon.
I have called out Tesla flaws more than any other owner here. Don’t get me started with ur bullshit.

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
Saw my first Mach E on the road yesterday afternoon.

It going the other way as I turned onto a side road and I could not get my phone out to snap a pic.

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
no, it was dark blue or black, I can't remember. Had an orange plate on the back. Was here in Yorkville.

Pro Stock John

older than marty
Reaction score
Saw on on the North side this past week... taillights really don't fit the styling. Not a fan in general.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Reaction score
I saw a red one a couple weeks ago. I think they look pretty sharp in person.
Also saw a Porsche Taycan the same day and it really looks good in person too. Very sharp car.

MikeyLikesIt

2019 F150 Platinum
Reaction score
taillights really don't fit the styling.
I stopped at the local ford dealership today to check one out and I agree. The taillights is the only thing I really don't like. They are clear including the one down low. I would think people will want to tint those a little.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom