Official Ford Maverick Thread

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Gamble Gamble

The sweet spot for the Santa Cruz with the 2.5T and a bunch of options is the SEL Premium. It's like $35(ish). So you don't have To go for the 41k Limited of you can do with out a few things. Like the automatic wipers, black chrome accents, and a few other options. Hyundai website has a nice chart that shows what options are included in each of their 4 models (SE, SEL, SEL Premium, and Limited)

The roll up tonneau cover box does take up some usable space. So if you need that space more often than not, you can sell them for good money. They are ridiculously expensive from the dealer. And any I've seen listed sold right away. As the SE and SEL don't come with them. Then you can always get a vinyl tonneau if you prefer that.

There are some other common complaints. Like no memory seats, no rear seat armrest, no rear HVAC vents in the back seat in lower models, and smaller stuff. Oh, and the wireless car play is not available on the 10" infotainment screen. It's not compatible with that system. So the smaller display is the one that gets wireless car play. Which I believe the SEL premium has. So again, that is the best value model in the Santa Cruz for the money.

The maverick and Santa Cruz are similar. But I don't think they really are competitors. Like Outlaw said, the maverick is a $20k truck. A fleet truck with the hybrid is its focus. As you go higher in trims, I don't think the value is there. Quality is lacking. It definitely lacks refinement. Maybe that will improve with production changes.

Whereas the Santa Cruz if aimed at people who want a nicer quality, a nice ride, and a SUV with a usable bed.

One of the YouTube reviewers also has a good way of defining them. "one of them is a trucky-car and the other is a caree-truck"

Ford is gonna sell a ton of Mavericks. The hybrid is an incredible deal. If you can get your hands on one. Plus, you'll probably see more variations on models with the Maverick.

Outlaw Outlaw any update on your order? Any build date assigned yet?

Negative. No update. Best guess probably April-May at best. Still waiting to hear if they’re going to swap me to a drop-in liner or honor the spray in.

The Bronco should’ve been built yesterday though. Top of window sticker indicates 20220125 so ??‍♀️

08742352-2280-4440-99DE-4BE675E3FE5A.jpeg

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
Well said. I haven’t seen a turbo Cruz under 40k or I would of bought it. I hate that the nicer infotainment doesn’t have the wireless options. I can tell you from test driving it that it drove like a fucking dream. Almost like a luxury car. It was smoother than the turbo sonata I test drove too. But also my maverick drives like a car too.
I read some hybrid guys are getting 600miles per tank. If they make this thing all electric and keep it under 35k they would win big time

Reactions: Pressure Ratio

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
Negative. No update. Best guess probably April-May at best. Still waiting to hear if they’re going to swap me to a drop-in liner or honor the spray in.

The Bronco should’ve been built yesterday though. Top of window sticker indicates 20220125 so [emoji2372]

View attachment 111007

The wait on broncos is just stupid right now.

Reactions: Outlaw

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn

The Bronco should’ve been built yesterday though. Top of window sticker indicates 20220125 so ??‍♀️

View attachment 111007

It is a shame a lot of manufacturers are struggling with production. In the last month, I have seen a lot of people saying they are tired of waiting on their Mavericks and ended up buying the Santa Cruz. Of course, they say they are happier they did. But most will defend the vehicles they own. But it is crazy how most of the Maverick deposit holder converts had no idea the Santa Cruz even exists. Hyundai hasn't done much to promote it, that's for sure. Sadly, I am sure a lot of people will bail on the Maverick due to waiting times. And since pre-orders are still not produced, it's going to be hard to find any on their lots.

Bronco is a killer vehicle. I know you'll miss the MPG of the Maverick Hybrid, but the Bronco will be a blast up north.

Well said. I haven’t seen a turbo Cruz under 40k or I would of bought it. I hate that the nicer infotainment doesn’t have the wireless options. I can tell you from test driving it that it drove like a fucking dream. Almost like a luxury car. It was smoother than the turbo sonata I test drove too. But also my maverick drives like a car too.
I read some hybrid guys are getting 600miles per tank. If they make this thing all electric and keep it under 35k they would win big time

The lack of wireless CarPlay is a bummer. It's just not available for use at all due to a hardware issue. So it's not even like it will be part of a future update. I use a magnetic cable so I can throw the phone in the cubby and throw that cable at it and it attaches itself. So it isn't horrible. What I dislike more is they decided to go with a physical sliding shifter instead of the push-button select in the Tuscon. As you have to maneauver around the shifter to put the phone in the wireless charger. Not horrible, nit-picking really.

Hyundai only gave press the Limited. So all you ever see in the $25K starting SE thrown out there and then the $41K Limited. The SEL Premium is the best buy for the dollar for sure. But again, Hyundai is at fault in my eyes. Lack of informing their customers. But if they come out with a Hybrid version for under $35k, I think it will sell really well. I am sure the tow rating will suffer. But I don't see many towing more than a side-by-said or jet skies anyways. The MPG savings will be attractive to buyers. Just as the Maverick has shown.

Santa Cruz is probably the nicest-riding non-luxury vehicle out there. Not just softness, but isolation and impact harshness are fantastic. And it's not even tuned that softly; it handles well too.

It is amazing how nice it rides and handles. Without an electronically controlled suspension. Even with the 20" wheels on the Limited. Getting BMW suspension and M engineers working for them seems to have paid off. lol

From what I’m seeing more and more from all the manufacturers is what can they skimp out from the previous model year to keep the price increase down on the upcoming model year vehicle. It’s just stupid but they are all doing it.

I am sure they are doing what they can with the chip and other supplier issues. It has to be tough for a large company to keep the flow of work with those issues.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
It is a shame a lot of manufacturers are struggling with production. In the last month, I have seen a lot of people saying they are tired of waiting on their Mavericks and ended up buying the Santa Cruz. Of course, they say they are happier they did. But most will defend the vehicles they own. But it is crazy how most of the Maverick deposit holder converts had no idea the Santa Cruz even exists. Hyundai hasn't done much to promote it, that's for sure. Sadly, I am sure a lot of people will bail on the Maverick due to waiting times. And since pre-orders are still not produced, it's going to be hard to find any on their lots.

Bronco is a killer vehicle. I know you'll miss the MPG of the Maverick Hybrid, but the Bronco will be a blast up north.

The lack of wireless CarPlay is a bummer. It's just not available for use at all due to a hardware issue. So it's not even like it will be part of a future update. I use a magnetic cable so I can throw the phone in the cubby and throw that cable at it and it attaches itself. So it isn't horrible. What I dislike more is they decided to go with a physical sliding shifter instead of the push-button select in the Tuscon. As you have to maneauver around the shifter to put the phone in the wireless charger. Not horrible, nit-picking really.

Hyundai only gave press the Limited. So all you ever see in the $25K starting SE thrown out there and then the $41K Limited. The SEL Premium is the best buy for the dollar for sure. But again, Hyundai is at fault in my eyes. Lack of informing their customers. But if they come out with a Hybrid version for under $35k, I think it will sell really well. I am sure the tow rating will suffer. But I don't see many towing more than a side-by-said or jet skies anyways. The MPG savings will be attractive to buyers. Just as the Maverick has shown.

It is amazing how nice it rides and handles. Without an electronically controlled suspension. Even with the 20" wheels on the Limited. Getting BMW suspension and M engineers working for them seems to have paid off. lol

I am sure they are doing what they can with the chip and other supplier issues. It has to be tough for a large company to keep the flow of work with those issues.

Bronco isn’t replacing Mav lol.

And yes, the market is unbelievable. I watched a 2021 F-350 Platinum with 4K ish miles sell for $92,000 BEFORE 3.5% buyer premium at a local farm auction last month... truck had an $86,000 window lol

D3AB2A8C-421A-4F7F-83E2-13D7378E01EF.png

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
You can still find dealer orders, including hybrids, as they pop up into inventory, but have to be diligent about scouring the Ford inventory tracker and call first. And be prepared to pay $2,500-$5,000 above sticker. Some dealers ordered units back in June/July that have been tricking in. Perhaps someone can apply an inventory alert filter to a local zip code page like how people by XBOXs.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Anyone knows where i can find a new seat covers for my Ford ?
Appreciate
I like my Wet Okole neoprene car seat covers. This brand offers a wide choice of covers that are perfect for any Maverick model. The covers look great, even better than in the photo. Moreover, they are waterproof and stay cool even in the hottest weather. I highly recommend checking them out.
19533-FORD%20MAVERICK%203153%2012-10.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info