Ford Ford introducing a new GT variant?

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score

Get excited, everyone. There's another Ford GT coming. Ford just dropped this teaser of a shadowy, winged GT supercar staring back at us, and it certainly has our hearts pounding.

Sadly, information about the unnamed GT version is even scarcer than most teasers we typically get. Here's the text direct from the Blue Oval: "Ford will make a special Ford GT supercar announcement during a dedicated press conference from 4:45 a.m. EDT, July 4, at the 2019 Goodwood Festival of Speed."

Multimatic will be on site for the announcement, with chief technical officer Larry Holt in tow. If you're in the UK for Goodwood, you'll want to be at the Ford stand in the Drift Paddock for the news. And that's all the official information available for the time being.

So for now we're left to gaze at this great teaser photo Ford provided us. The wing is absolutely massive, like race car levels of massive. Also, it has a roof scoop, which is something the normal Ford GT doesn't have. Beyond these couple of details, it's hard to tell much of anything apart from the Ford GT we already know and love. Clearly, Ford is after something a bit racier with this version. We'll have to wait until Independence Day to see the car in full, as a new American supercar makes its world debut in the country we declared independence from on that day's anniversary.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
pleasebean8pleasebean8pleasebean8pleasebean8pleasebean8pleasebean8pleasebean8pleasebean8pleasebean8pleasebean8

Omicron

From Russia With Love
Donating Member
Reaction score
All I know is I really want to go to Goodwood FoS

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score
That would be bad ass but it was already states by Ford that this car was built around V6 engine and V8 won't fit the chassis

Maybe they made chassis changes to make it work on this one?

Damnit, cant you just let some of us believe! :bowrofl:

Lead Pipe

I'm Tiny Riiiiiiiiick
Reaction score
Mid engine vette is coming. Dey scared.

In all seriousness, I'm sure the 12 people that can buy this car will love it.

cdh027

Donating Member
Reaction score
pleasebean8pleasebean8pleasebean8pleasebean8pleasebean8pleasebean8pleasebean8pleasebean8pleasebean8pleasebean8
Twin turbo V8 720s fighter. :headbang:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom