Ford Fusion ST coming

torquelover

TCG Elite Member
Jun 4, 2013
No manual no care.

I'm all for a version similar to the 90s 5.0 LX Foxbody. Fusion in SE trim with 2.7 motor, awd, and manual.

Oh and the 200, I had a loaded one I drove all over SD and WY and the only thing I liked about it was the exhaust note, and the stereo. The suspension is a mess, it somehow feels too harsh and firm while at the same time porpoising and heaving with any throttle/brake/steering input. The trans is always in the wrong gear and gets easily confused. It's way smaller inside compared to it's rivals (and even the Taurus). The steering is no better. Torque steer even though it's awd (obviously heavily front biased), with heavy effort at low speeds and light effort at high speeds, all while serving up zero feel. Worst of all, for me, was the rear view mirror and the huge ass housing it's hung off of is in my direct line of sight for every fucking right hand corner.

Back on topic, my work has a fleet of current model stripper Fusions for local use, and they are decent cars, with none of the stupidity of the 200 at almost half the price. With some power, a firmed up suspension, and a good manual trans I could see myself in one. Price it higher than an existing Titanium, or saddle it with a heavy front bias awd (*cough* SHO) and I'll pass.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
No manual no care.

I'm all for a version similar to the 90s 5.0 LX Foxbody. Fusion in SE trim with 2.7 motor, awd, and manual.

Oh and the 200, I had a loaded one I drove all over SD and WY and the only thing I liked about it was the exhaust note, and the stereo. The suspension is a mess, it somehow feels too harsh and firm while at the same time porpoising and heaving with any throttle/brake/steering input. The trans is always in the wrong gear and gets easily confused. It's way smaller inside compared to it's rivals (and even the Taurus). The steering is no better. Torque steer even though it's awd (obviously heavily front biased), with heavy effort at low speeds and light effort at high speeds, all while serving up zero feel. Worst of all, for me, was the rear view mirror and the huge ass housing it's hung off of is in my direct line of sight for every fucking right hand corner.

Back on topic, my work has a fleet of current model stripper Fusions for local use, and they are decent cars, with none of the stupidity of the 200 at almost half the price. With some power, a firmed up suspension, and a good manual trans I could see myself in one. Price it higher than an existing Titanium, or saddle it with a heavy front bias awd (*cough* SHO) and I'll pass.

Well apparently they developed that AWD system that they are putting in the Focus RS for performance applications, maybe they'll use it in the Fusion ST too.

I'm also hoping for a manual, but I'm not holding my breath. They just killed off the one model Fusion that still had it

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Every time Ford tells me they're making a front wheel drive based all wheel drive performance car it just reminds me of that time GM put the Aztek all wheel drive system in a Grand Prix concept car and broke it... after 17 miles.

There should be some sort of term to differentiate a true all wheel drive car from a front wheel drive car that's got a hokey connection to the rear wheels that might take some power when the torque steer gets unbearable. Prove me wrong Ford. A legit drivetrain in the MKZ would be pretty cool.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Every time Ford tells me they're making a front wheel drive based all wheel drive performance car it just reminds me of that time GM put the Aztek all wheel drive system in a Grand Prix concept car and broke it... after 17 miles.

There should be some sort of term to differentiate a true all wheel drive car from a front wheel drive car that's got a hokey connection to the rear wheels that might take some power when the torque steer gets unbearable. Prove me wrong Ford. A legit drivetrain in the MKZ would be pretty cool.

The Focus RS AWD system is apparently the system you're asking for. What else they end up putting it in, who knows.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007

Real, mechanical torque vectoring of the rear wheels helps. Acura's SH-AWD does this well.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I could see the 2.7EB making a good candidate for the Fusion. It moves the F-150's out pretty well.

325hp and 375lb/ft is a pretty good number if you have AWD behind it.

Add in a little extra boost and.........could be fun if they tune the suspension to match the other STs.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota

GM DID have a specific term for that nonsense joke of an AWD system shared with the abortion known as the Aztec. It was called "Versatrak"

:rofl:

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
I could see the 2.7EB making a good candidate for the Fusion. It moves the F-150's out pretty well.

325hp and 375lb/ft is a pretty good number if you have AWD behind it.

Add in a little extra boost and.........could be fun if they tune the suspension to match the other STs.

I would be super excited if those numbers made along with the AWD system in the Fusion ST.

Correct me if Im wrong but those numbers especially the TQ side best the like of Subaru by quite a bit.........

Think of it as a Legacy 2.5 GT on steroids! If this is the case count me in!!

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
An Ecoboost Fusion is what everyone was crying for from the get-go and it appears Ford is just kind of letting the Taurus once again die a slow death by not updating it so it makes sense it would be a Fusion. Plus with ST being the mid-level performance sector it fills a gap. If the next Gen Taurus has a performance version I wouldn't be surprised to see the SHO title go the way of Old Yeller.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
An Ecoboost Fusion is what everyone was crying for from the get-go and it appears Ford is just kind of letting the Taurus once again die a slow death by not updating it so it makes sense it would be a Fusion. Plus with ST being the mid-level performance sector it fills a gap. If the next Gen Taurus has a performance version I wouldn't be surprised to see the SHO title go the way of Old Yeller.

The SHO :fth:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info