Ford Fusion ST coming

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score

Ford produces a wide array of performance machinery, but it's traditionally reserved the letters ST for hot hatches like the Fiesta ST and Focus ST. That changes with the vehicle you see here: the heavily camouflaged Fusion ST.

This prototype is wearing bigger wheels and tires, upgraded brake rotors and calipers, enhanced bodywork, and quad exhaust tips – all the telltale signs of something more potent and capable. The performance version of Dearborn's midsize sedan is tipped to pack a version of the company's 2.7-liter EcoBoost V6. That's anticipated to channel upwards of 300 horsepower to all four-wheels through a six-speed automatic transmission, but we can hold out hope that maybe, just maybe, Ford will offer a three-pedal manual.

One way or another, the Fusion ST will make a worthy successor (and then some) to the old Contour SVT. That model was offered in the late 1990s with a naturally aspired 2.5-liter Duratec V6 packing 202 horsepower, which may have been solid by yesterday's standards, but promises to be left in the dust by this new model. Look for the Fusion ST to accompany the facelifted Fusion sedan early next year. Enthusiastic customers in other markets can also hope for a Mondeo ST to be offered overseas as well.

jason05gt

Reaction score
The same motor in my wife's Edge can crack off mid 5's and low 14's. With about 500 lbs less weight, this thing will move. Plus the aftermarket is just starting to release tunes for the 2.7L.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
make it awd make it awd make it awd make it awd make it awd make it awd make it awd

EmersonHart13

Member Selfie
Donating Member
Reaction score
THis is what the Taurus SHO shoulda been..?

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
Donating Member
Reaction score
:fy: Ford is bringing the heat while Chevy is well....

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
Donating Member
Reaction score
GM has no rival for the ST's at all. Sucks.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
The Fusion weighs like 500lbs less...thats an improvement right there.

LikeABauce302

5.0 ftw
Reaction score
Finally! I've always liked the fusion, bought thought they needed a performance package. Maybe one of these will eventually replace my Chrysler 200. A Fusion ST sounds like the perfect DD.

YoushallgoFo

Reaction score
I'm guessing he means because this will be essentially the same thing(awd turbo 4 door family sedan) as the taurus SHO but not a 4300lb tank.

The Beast

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
Finally! I've always liked the fusion, bought thought they needed a performance package. Maybe one of these will eventually replace my Chrysler 200. A Fusion ST sounds like the perfect DD.

Why would u buy a 200? Big mistake

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Or it could be a mule for the next Taurus, which is supposed to ride on a modified Fusion chassis.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom